Thread: loud camera shutter sound in motorola photon 4g even in silent mode

loud camera shutter sound in motorola photon 4g even in silent mode

Recently I have purchased a brand new Motorola photon 4g phone from a near mobile store. I really like this phone very much. My phone is working absolutely fine except that I am having some problem with the camera. Actually, whenever I click any photo, the phones a very loud noise. I have noticed that even if I keep my phone in the silent mode and try to click any picture then also the sound comes. I am really very annoyed with this thing. I was using htc chacha phone before this and I never faced any such problems there. In htc, setting the camera sound was very simple. I want to know how I can disable or turn off the loud noise when taking a picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

re: loud camera shutter sound in motorola photon 4g even in silent mode

I would like to say that there are few applications available in the market that actually allows to lower the sound or even to switch off the sound. You can try those applications. I think this noise helps the people to know that their picture is being taken. You can search for such applications and try to get them in your phone. For this I think, you should google around a bit on the internet

Well I am not sure how you can disable the sound in photon but I know that I used to do that in my samsung phone very easily. In that I had an option to mute the shutter sound. I think even you should go in the camera settings and look for the same. I think you might get some sort of such thing in the settings. Just mute it and then try. I hope it works.

I think there is some software or hardware issue because of which this thing is happening. I would suggest you to set your phones settings to default and check. You can also once try to factory format your phone.

I think there is some problem in your phone because even I am having the same phone and I don’t face any sound from camera shutter when I turn it mute. I think you should contact the motorola technical support and ask them to help you out. Just call on the customer care and ask for assistance. They are experts and they will definitely solve this issue. If your phone is in warranty period then it is very good for you. You can just replace the phone with a new one or get it repaired for free.

Re: loud camera shutter sound in motorola photon 4g even in silent mode

I think you should try to update the firmware for your phone. I think this might help. Just download the latest firmware form the internet and get it installed in your phone. I think this will resolve the issue of your camera shutter sound.

Re: loud camera shutter sound in motorola photon 4g even in silent mode

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware View Post
    I think there is some problem in your phone because even I am having the same phone and I don’t face any sound from camera shutter when I turn it mute. I think you should contact the motorola technical support and ask them to help you out. Just call on the customer care and ask for assistance. They are experts and they will definitely solve this issue. If your phone is in warranty period then it is very good for you. You can just replace the phone with a new one or get it repaired for free.
    Hey Delaware, I don't belive you. Show us the EXACT steps you took to silence the camera shutter sound on your Motorola Photon 4G.