Thread: No Favorites pane in android T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide

No Favorites pane in android T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide

I've had this phone for 24 hours and at present I am can't help being made [guano] crazy by ONE GLARING LACK! It possesses no sheet in the dialer / contacts / call log / and so on for favorites. Following 2 years with Android, now suddenly I possess no Favorites sheet in the PHONE application? Notwithstanding what the blazes is this Groups third gathering SMS provision jabber? I don't need third gathering SMS that I need to acquiesce to some fresh out of the box new authorize to utilize. I have Google talk and G+-I would be able to utilize Huddle right fantastically, thank you. Complying to Google's TOS is part of owning an Android-Android works but is inconceivably handicapped without interfacing up a Google record. I DON'T WANT to consent to any third gathering authorize from some team that I've never become aware of / have never worked with.

Re: No Favorites pane in android T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide

Without the Favorites sheet, the PHONE (the part of the tool that operates PHONE CALLS) offers totally no profit over one of those more idiotic-than-earth loaner phones the T-Mobile store advances when you’re craps out and you need to hold up for a swap. I adore a madly brilliant tool. I could likewise similar to a PHONE that has an instinctive PHONE application.

You would be able to enact the Groups offer under Contacts. A Favorites area is even now situated up in the phone but you should allow the terms of aid then enact it. T-Mobile calls it a Texting Group offer or something but, once you enact it you would be able to join anybody from the contact post. Now when you select contacts unequivocally select the Groups tab adjoining it then click once to run over to that individual profile to call, message, and so forth. Or you are able to extended press on them and call them. I like this superior to the MyFavs offer from the 3GS granted that its an additional catch press on account of the bunch's icon/tab is there when you check message, and whatnot.

It's a HTC Sense thing. They’ve supplanted favorites with groups. Basically I suppose you could probably utilize it the same method, basically build a bunch of the individuals you call or message the most I suppose. The Starred in Android thing however is still there but you unequivocally could not venture to utilize it, I know all around odd a choice to see those you've starred yet unable to "star" anybody. I don't accept any sum of whimpering could make them return back. I conjecture they're relying on your investment in recognizing an application that furnishes what you're absent from HTC Sense or Gingerbread.

My "favorites" are my ICE numbers--instantaneous family, BIL's, the BFF, and one cousin. In the event that I put ICE in front of their names and keep my contacts synched with Gmail--GMAIL puts ICE in front of their names in the message header every single time I send a message. In this way: Starred In Android, NOT ICE. In the event that an individual has >1000 contacts, but just 6 Favorites-all named as Starred In Android AND as Family-its honestly sheltered to posit they're crisis contacts.

At this time, the just way I am able to identify to get my Favorites back WITHOUT agreeing to late licenses is to yield some home screen land for a Favorites Folder.

I'm not certain of an application that can do what you would like it to do, but I have a recommendation for a workaround.
    • Extended-press the screen and you'll get a menu
    • Tap on 'shortcuts'
    • brand new menu heads up, then tap on 'immediate dial'
    • Pick the contact you wish to set up a shortcut for.
    • Now the immediate dial shortcut is on your homescreen
    • extended press a void territory of the homescreen again, and this time tap 'envelopes'
    • Select 'brand new organizer'
    • now there is a brand new organizer on your home screen, move and customize the immediate dial shortcut into it
    • extended press the title bar on the open organizer-this permits you to update the name of the envelope-and name it what you would like it to express
    • rehash 1-5 for each and every contact you need in the envelope then after that drag/drop them into the envelope
    • then when you desire to call someone, actually open the envelope and tap the contact and it will begin dialing the number
    • prefer I expressed, its not an ideal fix, but it will make it more effortless for you, hope it helps!

The NATIVE often called record likewise does something that 3rd gathering [frequently called list] applications don't do--it separated OUT any numbers that were starred in Android.

Click the Call button then click Groups
    • Select Favorites
    • Select Participants
    • Select Add Participants
    • Now unequivocally unite as a significant number of contacts as you need to the top picks.
    • You could probably have 5 gathers the extent that I am able to tell with as countless contacts as you need in each one.

I sincerely do similar to some of the OTHER HTC Sense emphasizes, but there are sure BASIC capacities of vanilla Android that shouldn't be evacuated unless they expect to REPLACE them with something that has ALL of the essential capacities, furthermore to whatever revamped methods they think folks will like additional.