Thread: Ubuntu, Mp3 ment for windows bootup, finding usb>naming>transferring music

Ubuntu, Mp3 ment for windows bootup, finding usb>naming>transferring music

I have a Coby MP827, I Bought because I could throw music as well as e-books on it. Figuring I could simply pull up Terminal and be like "yo music player, do yo thang" and instead its all "Bash: cd: mtools-4.0.17: no such file or directory"

I have found, yet cannot find, the usb ports and their GUI names and what is all connected, really just a wireless mouse and COBY. However I am still just a n00b and am troubled with this difficult situation. I cannot even access the mp3 as if it were a regular file, its some sort of hidden backwater underground science facility on the moon that I've only ever video taped myself being there. The dreams are so close! yet taunting me by not opening.

I've tried a few mount commands, are those just for finding and nameing?
    I've tried find, however the link-up between the comp and the mp3 via usb doesnt seem to constitute unity.
    I've tried some lsus, and some usbutilis and some LSD and some heroin (thats blue) and any progress I've made is still puzzled at the fact its progress.

Re: Ubuntu, Mp3 ment for windows bootup, finding usb>naming>transferring music

I think that it is happening if the switch on the device was set to locked when it was mounted (ie the switch that locks the button presses). If you unmount it, flick the switch to unlocked, then remount it, it should work

It has no lock feature?

Ok, I found some outputs to identify the Coby MP3 Player Clip, mentioned below:
    Code:
    f311-laptop:/media/disk$ lsusb 
    Bus 005 Device 010: ID 0402:5667 ALi Corp.
    Code:
    311-laptop:/media/disk$ mount
    /dev/sdc1 on /media/disk type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,shortname=mixed,uid=1000,utf8,umask=077,usefree)
    To make it pop up when you plug it in I think you might need a .is_audio_player file in the / of the mp3 player filesystem. See here http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ