Thread: I am thinking to buy a Nikkon D3100

I am thinking to buy a Nikkon D3100

I am getting an Nikkon D3100 at an very attractive price. The camera is hardly old. This camera can be a good start for me for photography. So just want to know some better points on this camera. Is this worth to buy. I don't really want to spend any higher amount on other camera's as you the lenses are constantly.

Re: I am thinking to buy a Nikkon D3100

For beginners this is enough. You do need much in this. I had posted an short summary of specification which you must look :
    • 8.14 million Pixels
    • 14.2 million Effective Pixels
    • Size 23.0 x 15.5 mm
    • Crop Factor 1.5
    • Maximum resolution - 4608 x 3072
    • Image sensor type CMOS
    • Sensitivity 100 - 3200 ISO, Auto ISO, ISO6400, ISO12800
    • Viewfinder 95%
    • LCD screen 230,000 pixels, 3 inches
    • AF illuminator / Manual focus

Yes it is fine for beginners. The camera has nice features and support which you can find any slr. An 3inch display with 230,000 pixels resolution is enough for anyone to get better pictures. SLR Nikon D3000 model was a successful camera and this is an newer version of it with more better features and enhancements. There are many changes in the functionality of this camera in comparison to D3000. Like there is an increase in the resolution of matrix. The video resolution is of 1920x1080. There is an HDMI connector provided on the camera so that you can get your pictures directly on your tv screen. The sensitivity range is expanded to ISO 3200 to ISO 12800. There is an added CPU correction of chromatic aberration. There is also an gpus module provided in this. If you want to look for an better model for the same then you can have a look on canon 1100d. I like the design of the camera which is quiet better. But as you are getting the same on lower price you must surely buy the same.

I found D3000 as a bit old-fashioned SLR. But after seeing D3100 it is much better. The one thing it has better is full HD update that can make this camera compete with others. For entry level this camera is fine.

It is better to invest one time. That means D3100 is an bit old slr and you know that everyday there are much improvements in photography. There are some models which are better to compare. The most newest version that I found till yet is D5100. This has a better size screen with many major change backs. The same lies with Canon 550D and Cannon 1100D. So if you hare just getting some bucks save, you must have a look on newer models also. The reason is that you get appropriate warranty plus the accessories. I do not really believe in used product, because it is not easy find out fault if there is any. Nikon is also another brand which gives more better video and self screening recording. Image quality is always best in this digital cameras.

Nikon D3100 is nice. D3100 is one of the one of the smallest DSLRs. This gives you better handling and design. Plastic housing of the camera is perceived by a very high quality material. The handling and shape, is covered with rubber lining. A small rubber platform and has appeared on the back, under your thumb to give you a better grip. Between the handle and lens is a white bulb, which is used to reduce the effect of Red Eye. I had expected more bigger screen size in this. The lcd output is the place where it lacks, but good enough for an starts. By choosing an most appropriate lens can make your work. The camera is best for all classes and current price is 29950 INR which is not cheap. So better have a look on the price and accessories before buying and also check for any damages.

This camera is worth buying but you must also have a look on the current cameras. The reason is that you get more new and better upgrades in that same. I had listed some of the top DSLR cameras here :
    • Canon EOS Rebel T3i Black SLR Digital Camera Kit w/18-55mm Lens
    • Nikon D3100 Black SLR Digital Camera Kit w/ 18-55mm Lens
    • Nikon D5100 Black SLR Digital Camera
    • Canon EOS 60D Black SLR Digital Camera
    • Canon EOS 7D Black SLR Digital Camera
    • Nikon D7000 16.2 Megapixel Digital SLR
    • Canon EOS Rebel T3 Black SLR Digital Camera
    • Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
    • Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera
    • Canon EOS Rebel T3i Black SLR Digital Camera
    • Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Black Digital Camera
    • Canon PowerShot S95 Black Digital Camera
    • Nikon D90 Black SLR

The D3100 is the first Nikon Full HD camera. It records 24 full frames per second and the image is detailed and accurate. The D3100 does not have an external microphone jack. One feature of this camera can be helpful for you is programmable Fn key. It can be assigned to one of four frequently used functions like quality / image size, Sensitivity ISO, white balance and function of the Active D-Lighting, etc. This is for quickly modifying the camera settings and making it work as per the need.