Thread: Performance comparision of Low Self-Discharge AA batteries

Performance comparision of Low Self-Discharge AA batteries

I had gone through many batter types on my digicam. But what I found that Low Self-Discharge AA batteries are quiet better and reasonable for the digicams in comparison to lithium. So are there any kind of lithium rechargeable batteries. I also want some help to improve the camera performance.

Re: Performance comparision of Low Self-Discharge AA batteries

You can either opt for non-rechargeable lithium batteries that will give you 1.5 V and they are quiet considered as efficient for Digital Cameras. They can be found easily in the market and usage is also easy. The second thing you can do is you can go for rechargeable plug-in hybrids to low self-discharge NiMH AA. The best advantage on this type of batteries are that they have very low discharge rate. It is right that this are best for digital cameras. You can easily configure them and they are also long lasting in comparison to others. The performance of the battery is determined by voltage delivered by the battery. I have some listing of voltage of different batteries that can put here more highlight. You can get around 1.50v with an standard alkaline batteries. With an rechargeable Ni-MH you can only have around 1.0v that might not meed the requirement of many devices. And with lithium non-rechargeable you can get upto 1.70V which is really nice. The recharging options on this does not have much support. So better when you are going for an better battery upgrade go for proper choice. It is also an advantage to carry extra batteries when you are traveling. Also the capacity in mAh determines the service life of the battery.

It is quiet possible to find a lithium batteries with various sizes but there can be differences with the voltage. You must also remember that you must not recharge the lithium batteries with an charger or else they will not work at all. They are very sensitive to charge voltage.

I am using Tenergy Centura 9V battery. This has an regular size and shape that work with many devices and this batter has an capacity of 200mAh. I will not say that this is an high performance battery but better enough to hold your work. The amount of voltage that it provides is 1.V. There are some tools that you can use to test your battery. This helps you to check the performance and gain result about it. The performance here is what matter. On my digicam I received the default batteries which worked for very less time. I carry a portable charger with me. It has an other battery support which charges the batter and give me some hours of work. Rechargeable battery is much more better and nicer. Go for any new brand that you prefer and buy the same, but better have a look on the prices before purchase.

There are many ways to improve the performance of digicam. Today digicams are more featured and that is way they need better battery power. And at the time of shooting when you loose power that is most annoying thing occurred to many. Carrying a substitute battery is not enough. What if you are in place where you have to perform a long hours of photo shoot and at that time, the substitutes also less. You can optimize your battery. You can save some power to increase the camera life. Some of the major power is consumed by the lcd display. The SLR tries to frame the scene using the LCD display. This eats a good amount of battery.

Using optical viewfinder can cost you more power. So you need to better speed up when you try to capture a screen. Many time we have habit of modifying many settings. You must keep a single settings for all images so that standard amount of power is only drawn. Every image which is capture appears on the camera screen which is useless and eats power. But if you are confidence to ensure that the image is proper you can skip the steps and check later on corrections in image. Many camera offers larger screen which are more power consuming.

Here is an list of some Low Self-Discharge a batteries. Go through each of them to choose the right one for you :
    • Duracell Rechargeable Pre-charged
    • E8GE 1000 Ready to Use Rechargeable
    • EasyPix Pre-charged Rechargeable
    • Energizer Recharge
    • Panasonic R2 Technology Rechargeable
    • Powerex Imedion
    • President's Choice (P.C.) Rechargeable
    • Rayovac Hybrid
    • Sanyo Eneloop
    • Sony CycleEnergy
    • Tenergy Centura

To get an proper battery in the category of low self-discharge you have to first find out what is the actual power consumption of your device. Always go for those which can work under heavy load. Sony and Duracell have some of the best batteries in this range.

You can find upto 3500mAh lithium battery. They are better in my views when you are outside. All you need is a better brand and they also work for longer period of time. I have always found non-rechargeable batteries more better because of voltage output.

I have some more her to add for improving the performance of your digicam. At first I will recommend to reduce the brightness of the LCD. This is somewhat important which can give you a little more power support. Use a low light display. Will surely put some effect. Turn off all your camera audio. That is not needed. When the image is clicked it comes on the lcd of camera and anyone can know that. As much possible try to us single auto focus. When you keep moving and try to run auto focus the camera uses more power to restore a proper image. Press the shutter button only when you're ready to shoot. Do not keep pressing it.

It is always recommended to avoid battery charging on higher voltage to avoid damage. And it is better to charge the device when there is no battery power at all. When you are shooting in cool weather it is recommended that you must keep the batter warm. Cold is an enemy of batteries and cause rapid consumption of energy.Whenever your carry substitute batteries carry different types. Whenever you are not using, you can remove the batteries from the camera and leave it. This does not makes your battery weak. The camera screen consumes much of the battery. So use the most common viewer.