Thread: Ghost Voicemail in T-Mobile G2X

Ghost Voicemail in T-Mobile G2X

I have just bought a G2X some months ago and now i am facing this ghost voicemail problem it recently occurred after the update to GB,my problem is that the voicemail indicator is just not going away from my phone,by now i don't have any messages as well and i have already switched to Google voice in order to change the voicemail setting but nothing seems to be working and it keeps showing it up.Is there any one who have experienced the same problem and can help me solving this issue.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: Ghost Voicemail in T-Mobile G2X

The same voicemail alert problem was eating my head a couple of week ago and even i was trying various way to solve this problem any how but at last i was just carrying the same problem so what i did is i updated to the gingerbread but after the update i was not able to sync my calender also my battery counter was not getting reset so i did a factory reset and later my problem was solved and the phone is still working fine till now.

This problem usually occur when you switch to a new and if this is the same with you than what you can do is just to call on your new number from some other number and then leave a voicemail on your number.Later you call voicemail from your number and just listen ti that voicemail and delete it and then check it again it would have vanished from your phone and you wont you wont be getting the voicemail alert anymore again by the time you actually receive a voicemail from some one.

You can also try this solution out just go to your phone>settings>call settings>voicemail service and then change the option from "Google Voice" to "my carrier" after doing this just go to your dialpad and press and hold "1" in order to dial to voicemail which will connect you to the T-Mobile Voicemail and check if there is any message you you find it just delete lt and the icon will automatically disappear from your phone after doing this you can again switch to Google Voice by changing the setting as followed above.

I think i have some other solution that might solve your problem as well as it had somehow worked for me when i was facing the same problem.You just need to put your phone in the airplane mode for 5 minutes in order to avoid any kind of bad network info then just go in to the manage apps and clear all the dialer data and then just go in to Settings > Programs > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings> and check whether the entered no is your number and then turn off the airplane mode.Hope this will help you to solve your problem

Even i am having the same phone and even mine problem was very same than yours and even i tried a lot of way to sort this out but unfortunately it wasn't working at all and i was very frustrated and finally i decided and when to the store and the changed out the card and solved my problem,i don't know how? but they actually did so even you can give it a try and call the tmobile to get it solved quickly.