Thread: It is not worth to buy Consumer Grade Laptops

It is not worth to buy Consumer Grade Laptops

I got an hp laptop which was purchased some 3 months before. It is an consumer-grade laptop. I have to change hard drive of the same and found a great issue on opening and fixing up things. I had already worked on my systems but basically my field to deal with business laptops. This are laptops designed to provide maximum durability and performance. There are very less of us which knows the difference between consumer-grade and business laptop and in my views I do not recommend to buy this. The reason is simple, they are less durable, more stylish and upgrade is an issue on them. Anyhow business machines are costly but more reliable and standard support gives you a very long lasting benefit on the same. Dell has some of them which I like. You can on your find the exact difference between an custom grade and business grade laptop. There are many similarities between them, but consumer grade are more less reliable. You cannot find a good chassis on the same.

Re: It is not worth to buy Consumer Grade Laptops

I agree. You can find the difference. I own a Dell Inspiron business laptop. The build quality is awesome which you cannot find in consumer grade laptops.

I depends on the choice what you want to buy and what you do not. Because, there are ample of companies in the market which provides better model which are suitable for both class. It is right that consumer grade product are less durable. As they are designed for lower use. An consumer-grade is designed for home use, where you do not move it much and use it one place only. The price is also lower in that case. But for an business laptop you wander from place to place, which need a better chassis and more shock absorbent materiel.

This is the just the body part. There are other stuff too which are taken in to accountability. You have to also ensure the processors and rams performance. There is also an different range in similar class which is called as gaming laptop. This gaming laptop have very high end system configuration, but the body on the same is not so strong. You are paying for a widescreen, high configuration system. Business class laptops are entirely different. They possess more durability. What matters here is the productivity of the product.

I like Macbook Pro. It is portable and really beautiful. The thin size does not put any effect on the performance. It is an costly product. I agree with the durability which is really different as per product and class.

I recommend to go for business grade laptops, even if it is refurbished. They make your job easier by getting easy access to the hard drive.

I am too not happy with the consumer-grade product. The reason is straight. Some DIY stuff does not work on it. Like I just tried to upgrade the hard drive of my Inspiron 14R. This is an laptop which I purchased and for more storage space I thought to add more higher amount of hard drive. I tried opening the chassis and other stuff but that was too complicated. In many business class laptop you have to just remove the back covers, title the below part front and you can access the hard drive. Even in some models the drives are separately fitted for easy upgrade. But when you go for such stylish product the entire design changes making it more complicated for upgrade. It is also not easy to get upgrades for it. The system I had has number of extra fans and so delicate wires that if not checked properly you can easily screw them. I refer to manual for maximum help. While on widescreen big laptops which are made for business purpose are more better. You can easily open them up and change the parts as they have less number of options.

It is not right to criticize consume products. It is also correct that all models are not perfect, and designs do effects the fitting of parts. So when you are buying you can have a look on cheap models.

My friend owns Dell mini 10. I tried to make some changes in that, but this is really very complicated. You have to disassemble it completely to get access to the ram and drives. Very tedious. It is better to go for an full size simple machines that can make your work done easily. Or else we cannot play with such machines, which can result in broking of the device.