Thread: ISPW error on jailbreaked iphone 4

ISPW error on jailbreaked iphone 4

I am using windows xp but my task manager is not able to change the affinity option it keeps giving me such as w/rsnow rc12 and unable to recognize the specified ipsw.I have a iPod touch 3g and i am using 4.3.1 ipod3 ipsw.I don't have any idea regarding this problem.Is there anyone who have a idea about it.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: ISPW error on jailbreaked iphone 4

I have been using Ipad with os 4.2.1 and i was going through the "jailbreak greenpoision rc5" but just after going through it i got the loader icon but there was no sign of the cydia.I am trying to reinstall it using redsnow since when but i don't have any knowledge about where the hell should i browse the ispw.file .Is there any one who can help me to sort out this problem.Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

As far as my knowledge there might be two possibilities for this kind of issue either you have downloaded the wrong ispw file which is not actually made for your phone or you might have just downloaded a wrong version of the redsnow.To resolve your problem you have to download 4.3.1 ipsw files which are compatible with all the devices or you have to download latest version.Hope following this will help you to solve your issues.

I have recently updated my phone to 4.3.5 but unfortunately i have lost the ipsw file but later i tried downloading it again and after sometimes i was able to extract it but now the windows is not recognizing the ipsw file that i have downloaded and it keeps saying that it is not a true ipsw file and it is unable to recognize the specified ipsw.By now i have tried all the possible way that i could have but it does not seems to be working either.Any help i9n sorting this out will be highly appreciated.

There are probably two ways to sort this error out.Firstly you have to make it very sure that you are using the Redsn0w which is rightly build before using it i will prefer you all to use "Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5" or just Download a "Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5" which is properly supported by your windows.Secondly you have to make sure that you are using the right build firmware file which is being used for your iPhone.There might be chances of downloading the wrong ipsw file as both the Goldmaster (GM build) and the Final release are basically using the same build number because of which there are chances where the file name for both builds can have the same number for example "iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" but the "Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4" might just be able of verifying the "Final release of IOS 4 firmware" so you have to keep in mind that you download it from trustworthy and verified source.

You can also try the following solution because i had the same "Unable to recognize specified IPSW" and it was solved by this.What you have to do is download the "redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5" and the "iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore (4.0)" and then go to the iTunes and update it to version 4.0.1 and then run redsnow and then select iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore" after you do this it will be recognized and then just follow the further instructions and later reboot and then run cydia.

I am using widows xp and i am just not able to browse the ipsw file using redsnow,its not recognizing the ipsw file at all,the firmware ipsw file is appearing as a normal folder and not as a grey box.I have tried all the possible way that i could have but i am still with the same result,Is there any one who can really help me out to solve this issue?