Thread: Opinions on successor of Canon PowerShot S95

Opinions on successor of Canon PowerShot S95

I have had Canon’ S95 which is a compact camera with manual options. It was a nice alternative to the big SLR cameras that I could take anywhere I want. I thought though there could have been some improvement in the camera. I would like those to be implemented in the successor. It must have a lens aof about 140, Also, the slow shuter speed caused some blur, hope the new one is short and fast. What would you like t osee in it?

Re: Opinions on successor of Canon PowerShot S95

I hope they keep it pretty much the same design wise but just improve it to about 6-8 MP. This way the pics will be better and would really enhance low light situation pics which were already quite praised. I also, don’t like the focus ring on the cam and spoils the design structure of the camera.

image as 10 and then resample it to 6 then the image will have even more quality, then a image directly takne from a native 6 MP client, so the resolution advantage is lost. Actually people think that having low res is gonna improve the pics, but infact it’s the higher res pics that are sampled down that improve the pic, as the noiseat low level increases and averages out to give more correct value for the diesired friends.

Yes, you are right that down sampling a 10 mp to 6 will improve the image, but don’t depend on camera to do the compression, as it might not have the resources for it. But if you properly downsize it on computer you seurely get the improvement in the pic.
    SO, its probably that the successor will have 12 MP instead of 10 MP not 6 MP. Noone would want a low MP camera nyways. You see if the no of pixel information of a pic is more, even if it deviates more, than a downsize brings it tohether, and reduces noise. So it is a good tradefoff/