Thread: Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera Tips for beginner

Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera Tips for beginner

Yesterday i got my new Nikon d3100 as a gift from my uncle. This is the first time I will be using a DSLR camera, as I am used to the auto click cameras. I have seen some amazing photos taken by my frinds but when I click photos they are not that nice. Can you give me tips on how to take nice pictures. The pictures seem blurred and the focus setting is not right I think. What should I do to take right pictures?

Re: Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera Tips for beginner

First thing before even touching the camera is read the manual in full detail. There are so many minor things you need to take care about to maintain your camera and its beauty. Go for full auto settings at the start and try to see how different pics feel in different atmospheres. Or you could try enrolling in a short term course to learn the basics of camera work. Trial and error is the best way to improve. Try different settings of the camera at a time, try different climates, environments etc. Learn about how time or spped of the shutter and aperture contribute to spotlight. Learn about different lighting situations and how you can compensate them.

The pics are blurred because you need to learn focusing on an object. You must focus on the right thing right before clicking the pic. You should put it on spot focus, and point at your subject. When you just click the shutter button half way, the lens focuses on the image. If you even bend the camera slightly you will loose the focus and the image will be blurred. Pay attention to shutter speed as you might be getting motion blur. You might be shooting at too slow a shutter.

If you know the settings menu, you can try increasing the shutter speed. If you increase it there will be less motion blur. These Nikons are sensitive at slow shutter speed. But then you will need to be extra careful about focus which will be more annoying at increased shutter speed.