Thread: G-Five U808 always in headphone mode

G-Five U808 always in headphone mode

The headphones mode which when shown is always remains on on my head. If I even remove the headphones the headphone sign is still on. What may be the problem with it? Can anyone suggest me the solution to this?

Re: G-Five U808 always in headphone mode

This is such a annoying problem, I too own a G Five phone and I cannot hear anything from my speakers because it stays in headphone mode all the time. I can only hear any sound from my phone if I ever put on a phone. Even if someone calls me, there is no ringtone ringing for the phone. Anyone please tell me the jumper setting in the circuit board, as they might have shorted or something.

There must be something wrong at the connector of the phone. Just clean the outside of the phone clean before, and clear the circuit board too. The headphone contacts must be clean thoroughly and the phone restarted. Try changing the flex of the phone. Try changing the jack of the headphones or new headphones.

i hav the same problem of permanent headphone icon showing on the screen, and i changed the flex but problem is still persistent, Another strange thing happened and it is confusing me. If i put my iPhone 3g in the "freezer" for about 1 minute it will automatically change modes to ringer and get lock & unlock or sometimes its get automatically calling someone. But then after two minutes it gets warmner and than affectst he weather and all. But the headphone comes back once the warmness was over. He was upset.

You will have to do some soldering In order to remove the problem. Here are step by step moves for it. Dismantle and open the phone. Find the picture and find marked part on it. Then use thin soldering gun to connect the 2 pins using wires without removing the IC transistor from PCB. If you go out of headphone mode you must replace this part with new one.

Can you tell me where you can get the IC if I want to replaC it and what is the value of it. Where can I find this information or guide about doing what you are saying? What old phone will have the same setting? Should I copy it from the old phones itself?

You will have t oget the same IC as there is from the old phone. I do change this part from my old PCB from iPhone. I can’t tell you exact schematic of PCB, you can just search for it on the gogole. Just search PCB model for iPhone and I am sure you can get the information. Just change the IC as I said near the picture and you can get the headphone mode off. You will have to be careful while soldering, the tip of the gun is very small, and even a slightest error will be disastrous. So, try it only if you are experienced.

I found out what transistor is present in Iphone 3G. It is MMBT8099LT1 Amplifier Transistor. Maybe replacing can help you, but I think that transistor is not defective, only has slightly changed operating point, so that's why transistor there is change in the behavior when you change the temperature like keeping in the freezer. When we this two pins then actually, we made connection between base and emitter. We need to lower operating point with resistor which is connected between and make short circuit across connection between base and GND. But the resistor is very small, to be seen by naked eye, so could not identify it. If you identify it, just add another one parallel to it, it will much simpler than soldering the wires. If someone have magnifying glass and good will, they can tell me if it can work or not!