Thread: Depth of field preview button in Nikon D5100

Depth of field preview button in Nikon D5100

Yesterday I have gone through the review of Nikon D5100. I have read each and every one like without missing a word. The sad this is I am not able to observe talk about of a depth of field preview button. Does it encompass one, otherwise is it a menu item, otherwise not there by any means?

Re: Depth of field preview button in Nikon D5100

Little brother of the D7000 even though the autofocus in Live View is faster by 30% it has obviously not all of its capabilities, the burst is only 4 frames per second, the viewfinder is that of D3100 with 11 points and a under 95%. No Depth of field, that's a shame for a case of this quality, but of course it should not be too much walking on the toes of the D7000.

My suggestion would be, even if it was mentioned in the receipt of posting else to judge the depth of field on the screen after shooting. This shows me the true result. The assessment, especially with macros, or situations where it would be very useful, I think that's not all that useful. During the period in which the preview button press, I look at the depth of field, possibly even compare with open aperture, etc., I have loosely taken the photo, judged on the screen and optionally choose a different aperture and even took a picture.

The type of camera does not affect the depth of field (aside from fallacies right and fx), so more than anything else you tell us that optical and photos you want to do ... would seem from your post that you want to achieve reduced depth of field, and here is the perspective that makes the masters ...

The autofocus module inherited from Nikon D3100 nothing wrong with the D5100. collimators, which only the central cross, do their job and we did not observe any obvious error of development in real life. If you take the precaution to choose the AF-A mode, in case you leave the task of deciding himself whether to run in S-AF (focus-frame and trigger if the development is good) or AF-C (developed in continuous and direct trigger).

The depth of field has nothing to do and is not a characteristic of a body ... but is linked to the objective used and the chosen aperture

My suggestion would be, even if it was mentioned in the receipt of posting else to judge the depth of field on the screen after recording. this shows me the true result. The assessment, especially with macros, or situations where it would be very useful, I think that's not all that useful. During the period in which the preview button press, I look at the depth of field, possibly even compare with open aperture, etc., I have loosely taken the photo, judged on the screen and optionally choose a different aperture and even took a picture.

The depth of field depends on the focal length of the diagram and the camera has nothing to do; you will have the same depth of field with the same optical aperture on both the D3100 and D5100 to D7000 it. For me, the salesman told you that you wanted to sell the photos making you pass the D3100 as D5100 ciofeca and with little depth of field. The D3100 is a good camera, fly in the ointment has no internal motor for AF (as indeed also the D5100), then you lose autofocus with AF lenses, you do not lose the autofocus optical AFS mount only.

The preview button does actually only in very strong light lenses a noticeable sharpness control. With an aperture of 3.5 or 4 with the depth of field preview button is hardly a difference to stop 22 or higher visible. The button brings so usually only one advantage in areas under about 3 screens.

The depth of field is a term used in photography to express the range of distances reproduced with acceptable sharpness in a photo. Explained in the plainest language possible, when you look at a picture and it is sharper and more areas blur, depth of field is the area of your photo you can see clear.

The depth of field of our photo will be larger the more closed is the goal, or whatever it is, has a higher f-number. Thus, a photograph taken from a point towards the same goal to f16 will have a greater depth of field (area more clear) another shot with the same goal and from that point with an aperture of f4.
    The smaller the focal length of our goal (or that we have selected at any given time, if a variable focal zoom lens), the greater the depth of field obtained.

When dealing with professional digital cameras on the depth of field paying special attention. No wonder these are but a significant quality factor and one of the most versatile design elements of photography. Who knows how to deal skillfully with the depth of field can move depending on individual needs and other objects in the foreground conceal discreetly turn. In general, the depth is adjusted by turning a focusing ring on the lens. In the course of the distance between the lens and the recording medium is changed, which also shifts the position of the focal plane of the image.