Thread: Recommended Compact Cameras under $250

Recommended Compact Cameras under $250

From the past several times I have been observing that there is a growing development is essentially not any of the 2/3" sized sensor compacts actually support to inspection (100%). Are there whichever compacts out there with a excellent balance of picture rendering? This is almost certainly most significant to me, color plays into this too. A balance of:
    • color rendition
    • sharpness
    • dynamic range handling
    • low chromatic aberration

Once more, I'm almost certainly asking too much agreed cost, except are there whichever compacts from state 2010-2011 that have absolutely astonished you?

Re: Recommended Compact Cameras under $250

Compact digital cameras are handy, though not quite as elegant as the ultra-compact counterparts in credit card format. The compact class offers less than 250 € but especially for the upcoming summer vacation well to seize without additional deep holes in the holiday budget. The cameras are easy to use, provide solid basic equipment and they are all not just a banal digital zoom, but a solid, at least 4 times optical zoom.

Each of the devices presented by Canon, Nikon and Panasonic has their individual strengths and weaknesses. There are, for different battery life, configuration options and burst properties, more or less short shutter delay and different image as well as video modes.

Present extremely different the cameras in image quality. By the time the object is not illuminated optimally separates the wheat from the chaff here. In total there are Canon Powershot A540 and the Nikon Coolpix L1 is clearly out in front.

The processing of the Panasonic cameras is really great, I cannot agree. Otherwise I would advise you to take a camera that starts at 28mm focal length (converted). it just gets "more" in the frame. Unfortunately, because the selection is not so great.

To me the Canon is better in low tones as ISO, but at high (1600.3200) does not produce shots with the same detail. The high ISO RAW from Canon are softer, and it is also visible in the link you posted. The sensor S90 is the same as the S95, so any difference you can see us believe is the result of processing. However, the differences are equal to a fraction of a stop, so everyone can see what we want. The fact remains that with the Samsung can shoot at a stop lower ISO.

There are a few models which I really like and they are:
    • Canon Powershot A430
    • Canon Powershot A530
    • Canon Powershot A540
    • Nikon Coolpix L1
    • Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3
    • Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ5

I would choose (from the given options) for Canon IXUS 50 and for the following reasons:
    • Lens: 35-105 mm vs. 32-96 mm (focal length)
    • Shorter distance Macro: 3 cm vs 6 cm
    • Slightly larger resolution: 2592 x 1944 vs 2560x1920
    • Focus: Auto and manual vs. auto focus
    • More flexible shutter: 15-1/1500 vs 1/2-1/1000 sec
    • More ISO: 50,100,200,400 vs. vehicle, 64-320
    • File format: JPEG, AVI, WAV vs. JPEG
    • -Audio recording: yes vs. no!

Fujinon lens, optical precision Fujifilm award-winning, is used in many areas: satellite, TV, film, security and digital cameras. The FinePix JX250 benefits of this technology with a 5x optical zoom and a large-angle. Prunes high resolution images in 16:9 format. With a resolution of 14 million pixels, the smallest details of your subject appear perfectly. The captured images are sharp, clear and alive, even when printing large formats. The 28 mm optical zoom captures all the dynamics and depth of a scene in large-angle. Avec sensitivity up to ISO 3200, the pictures are natural and full of life even in low light conditions. In addition, the high sensitivity freezes the movement of moving subjects.

I have been a few days in possession of a Canon Digital Ixus 50 and am very satisfied. Went first for the PowerShot A530, but I eventually opted for the IXUS 50. It is a super compact rat came for a very good price.