Thread: Unable to configure closing lid and power button in Samsung N220Plus Netbook

Unable to configure closing lid and power button in Samsung N220Plus Netbook

Recently I have purchased a Samsung N220Plus Netbook for myself. I have Windows 7 Home Premium operating system installed in my netbook and it was installed as default. Actually I have noticed that "closing the laptop lid" and power button options are greyed out. I have searched a lot regarding this thing on the google but couldn’t find any help from there. I don’t know what to do? I am thinking that this issue is because of the limitations of the Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. Is it true? Or it is because of the netbook limitations? Please guide me!

Re: Unable to configure closing lid and power button in Samsung N220Plus Netbook

I think you should try to fix the registry as I think it could be because of that. I would say that also once check the software settings that you have kept. May be there you will find the way. Also try to un-install Samsung power management software. After uninstalling, try to install it back and see does it resolve your issue or not. If it doesn’t then please reply me back so that I can provide you with some other effective solution to resolve your issue.

Re: Unable to configure closing lid and power button in Samsung N220Plus Netbook

I would suggest you to just disable the power management from the BIOS. I hope you know the way to enter bios settings. Just boot the system and keep pressing F2 button continuously till you enter the bios. You will find a blue screen with bios settings. There look for the power management option and disable power management. After disabling the power management option, try to save the settings and press esc button to exit the bios settings properly.

I don’t think that it is because of some limitations present in windows 7 operating system. it actually comes when you install the oem software. I would suggest you to try reading the Samsung manual once. There I think you will find the settings and all. It is quite likely the limitation of the netbook.

To resolve this issue try to run the following command from a command prompt. For the lid action (LIDACTION) on a notebook, run this,
    powercfg -setacvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BUTTONS LIDACTION 0 O:BAGYD(A;CI;KRKW;;;BU)(A;CI;KR;;;BA)(A;CI;KA; ;;SY)(A;CI;KA;;;CO)
    I hope this helps.

I think you should contact the Samsung service center or just contact the Samsung customer support people on the phone to know about this issue. They are experts and they will guide you very properly.