Thread: Is HP Pavilion g4-1117dx worth buying?

Is HP Pavilion g4-1117dx worth buying?

Final week the Pavilion g4-1117dx is evaluated to move under the most favorable conditions Buy. This laptop appears like it'll possess all the necessary qualities impeccably for me coming back to university this fall, with a somewhat-good illustrations card for light gaming.

Below are my specifications:
    • AMD A4-3300M APU (1.9GHz / 2.5GHz TurboCore, 2MB L2 cache)
    • 4GB DDR3-1333 (1x4GB, one open slot) upgradable to 8GB
    • Radeon HD 6480G graphics (240 shaders, 444MHz core, exclusively shared graphics memory... none onboard)
    • 14.0-inch LED at 1366x768
    • 320GB 5400rpm hard drive
    • 802.11b/g/n WLAN and 10/100 Ethernet LAN
    • SD/MMC card reader
    • Three USB2.0, HDMI, VGA, Headphone and microphone jacks
    • 6-cell 47WHr Li-Ion battery
    • 4.68lbs

My essential purposes with this laptop could be to take it to class, to sort, make spreadsheets, surf the web, and at times listen to music, periodically play recreations, and texting. To be trustworthy, diversion-smart I'll possibly actually download and commission Fallout 3 from my Steam record and convey a Xbox 360 controller in my knapsack, as I claim the Xbox 360 satellite recipient for Windows. Anything I ought to be familiar with?

Re: Is HP Pavilion g4-1117dx worth buying?

So far I am very inspired, and joyful with the buy. In ordinary Windows applications, every little item is particularly responsive. The console has EXCELLENT reaction, this console is undoubtedly the finest I've utilized subsequent to my Compaq Armada 4130T with an initial Pentium 133MHz (even though that one possesses a unjust point of interest, as it was made when laptop producers still given a darn for their consoles).

It's exactly as lightweight as I considered. I stacked a few Games for Windows titles (Fallout 3 and Gears of War) and both are somewhat CPU-bound. Nonetheless, the representation card and the CPU are unconditionally flawless for one another (precisely what you could anticipate when they are on the same kick the bucket). Aftermath 3, for example, runs at a steady 22-30fps at local 1366x768 with no AA or AF. Dropping to 1280x720 and turning off some impacts, you get a unwavering 30fps (Vsync is off) but it still at times has an instant of slack when loads of elements are on-screen. Gears of War is the same way, however its a several-year-more advanced in years recreation, and subsequently runs more easily for the most part.

CPU-Z doesn't recognize what this chip is, and calls it an AMD K12.

Worth noting: It came stock with some good product from AMD, which doesn't permit overclocking but DOES permit truly particular points of confinement to be set for clockspeed, in parts on electric storage device and on AC control. You would be able to set least and greatest clockspeeds for every, and the speeds are 800MHz, 1GHz, 1.2GHz, 1.4GHz, 1.6GHz, 1.8GHz, and 1.9GHz. I've set mine to run at 1.9GHz unvaryingly on AC capacity and at any speed as required on electric storage device-and CPU-Z is reporting this is working precisely as it need to.

I think the memory is simply a solitary 4GB stick, with one open opening, and so a second 4GB stay is on request from Newegg. I have an OK number of recreations which will probable run fabulous on this machine from the 2004-2007 time allotment (Prince of Persia trilogy, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory, Need for Speed Carbon) and I should be reporting their appearance figures in a few days following I get an empathize with this PC. Taking into account beginning testing, I don't think there is anything with preferable 3D display underneath the $600 cost stamp.

I think the AMD Llano A4, A6, and A8 stuff will command 3D display in this cost go. I played with one for some time Best Buy today. Console has confined voyage and is a touch plastic, for a sub-$600 machine its not regretful but just not absolutely great. Raise value is normal, which is to express its much a cut above the piece of poop Toshiba Satellite L635 (I suspect) following to it, but appears to be about mid-pack for flat-close purchaser laptops--structurally appeared all in all average but it stinks of inexpensive polished plastic that doesn't appear absolutely solid. I think its all around handy for a $379 machine but I possess no illusions regarding any sort of lifelong sturdiness.

One excellent choice which I profited from was to utilize a flashdrive to make a recovery back-up. As opposed to utilizing 3 DVDs and risking them working toward getting scratched or not blazing decently, it aroused to utilize a flashdrive with 12GB of unhindered room to make a bootable OS reinforcement. I caught a 16GB PNY head worst case scenario Buy for $19.99 marked down, and made that.

I repartitioned the drive and committed 40GB to a separate partition, on which I fixed Windows XP Home 32-cycle. I had to slipstream in the AHCI drivers, but now that I'm in Windows I've been ready to institute all things EXCEPT sound and motion picture. Sound introduced but won't instate (I need to disable the AMD HDMI sound driver for the constructed-in speakers to method). I'm moreover in hunt of a useful VGA driver for XP-none is ready via Windows Update, and no one builds a Llano laptop with XP. I'm determined to try to compel-commission the XP drivers that MSI accommodates one of its Llano desktop motherboards for VGA, and confidently that will capacity. The plan of having XP on the system is generally solely for old diversions that don't work in Windows 7.

I could be curious to see what different A4-3300M machines turn out estimated at, but until alternate contenders hit the business sector and their cost indicates and assemble value are made, I could still state for $400 this is an all around exceptional machine.

They are as of now running a support where your first buy on new Best Buy plastic money gets $20.00 off, regardless in my dominion. Confidently that would be valid in your domain as well. That could bowl over the first buy to $379.99 from $399.99.

Additionally, with RewardZone participation, each $1.00 spent gets you 1 indicate, and each 250 indicates you get a $5.00 endowment authentication in the direction of a fate buy. Utilizing the in-store Mastercard gets you either 18 months to pay off a $429.99+ buy with zero engage, OR you would be able to get twice as numerous indicates. Copying from 400 indicates 800 indicates could get you a more $15.00 in endowment authentications to a fate buy that would be able to be put in the direction of a rodent, pack, flashdrive, and so forth.

I likewise picked in for the one-year mischance coverage, on account of its truly reasonably evaluated ($79.99 for this model) and blankets electric cell and AC connector swaps with no issues solicited from (worth it that apart from everyone else) but likewise blankets screen splits, drops, spills, and whatnot.