Thread: Do cracked disk damage PlayStation 3 lens?

Do cracked disk damage PlayStation 3 lens?

HI, I own playstation 3 at my residence and I used to play game on that, but never ever noticed that I have some game disk with scratches and some cracks in the inner ring. But last night when I was inserting the disk I came to know about this threat, and which actually made me bit scared as will it affect my PS 3 lens if I keep playing through those disk? Because the thing is like whenever Insert those disk it works perfectly, without any problem, and sometimes it gives different kind of errors.

Please let me know do continue with those disk or not?

Re: Do cracked disk damage PlayStation 3 lens?

See this actually depends on your luck. Because this is working perfectly till anything damaged, but surely either today or tomorrow it will surely damaged something in your console thus my recommendation is quite simpler as you should not use any such disk in your machine. rather you can simply save those games in your HDD in the PS3 console or if suppose you are willing to have those game again from the store then you can simply buy them as well.

Yeah surely it will damage you console lens for sure. And as mentioned by the above user you should not use any such disk.

One I had made the same mistake and as a result disk was not able to eject. And after huge effort I removed it from the console.

I got the thing that you have mentioned, but the thing is like those game are too costly to have them again, and that’s I used to play with those disk only. ok if suppose I quite playing game through those disk them what shall I do next?

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

you can have only one option as you have to throw those disk to the dustbin.

But as you have mentioned as that games sometimes runs perfectly so I think you should at least try to make another disk from the same. as I always use to do the same, because we should know the fact as the original disk are going to be damaged for sure some day, and as a good backup we should keep a .ISO file in our PC so that we can write it to another disk for playing. Thus try to make another disk first and if you done with that then throw the damaged disk.

As a another option you can have games from another source as well, I mean to say you can have games from the internet as well, I mean to say you simply have to download those game and then make a disk again, and you can play them in your console.

I would also suggest you the same thing as quit playing through those disk rather save all the games to your console’s HDD.