Thread: How to enable data2ext in HTC chacha for stock ROMs

How to enable data2ext in HTC chacha for stock ROMs

Hi, I have recently purchased a newer mobile as I have mentioned in the title, and have some doubts regarding the ROMs, can we enable data2ext in HTC chacha for stock ROMs in order to use extra partition created by CWM on mSD card.

If it is possible then please let me know how we can do this? any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to enable data2ext in HTC chacha for stock ROMs

Yeah I have done this and the thing that made me wonder is like I have suggested this to too many peoples and some of them are not able to do this, don’t know why, but I have done this and works perfectly.

And for enabling that on your SD card you have to reformat it first using your ROM manager. You can download It from internet for sure.

you can do this through another way as well but for that you must have to first have to have CyanogenMod running in your device, I have enable data2ext in my legend and it works perfectly.

Thus I mentioning the steps over here, but let me tell you as you must have to have this distribution running on your device or else you’ll not be able to use it however.

• First of all you should take a backup so that anything went wrong you can simply recover the previous data again in your mobile.

• flash the distribution to your phone from recovery mode and since you completed with this reboot your phone.

• After that launch Terminal Emulator and enter these command mentioned below.

mke2fs-m0 -Ldata -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
      data2ext --enable

• 4. After entering this commends you have to reboot your phone again but be patient as the first reboot will take few minutes as it enables data2ext for you.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys, I have done this and works perfectly in my device as well.