Thread: How to activate the iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.5 if you don’t have a sim?

How to activate the iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.5 if you don’t have a sim?

Like the title says , does anyone know how to activate an iphone 4 with 4.3.5 firmware installed it if you don't have original sim card ?
    Any reply is apreciated.

Re: How to activate the iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.5 if you don’t have a sim?

What model do you have? Is it a factory model? If it is then it is possible to factory reset the phone, so that different operators are used by the phone.

No, It’s not the factory unlock model. I don’t know the exact number but it is a phone which is locked by a sim that I don’t know of. Can anyone help me in findgin out how I can activate or lock the iPhone.

Yes, its from the model code. I will post some of the locked models info for some countries and I hope you find the model of your phone in this category,:
    • For Germany, the model no. MC603DN/A and MC605DN/A have T-Mobile
    • For USA, MC608LL/A & MC610LL/A have AT&T
    • For Spain, MC603Y/A & MC605Y/A have Vodafone and Orange locked.
    There are some factory unlocked models for UK, they are MC603B/A & MC605B/A.

Just first activate your phone with the original sim card and then you can upgrade the firmware as given. But remember you have to select 4.3.4 in redsn0w to jailbreak the phone as the one you have installed 4.3.5 will give you a tethered jailbreak, which means you will have to plugin with PC everytime mobilke is restarted, and install jailbreak again on the PC! So, if you want to do without public support he will need to by the young touyhi! Using this versión of FW : iPhone3,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw in order to continue.

I don’t know what happened but I activated in the same firmware as you but now I am stuck in recovery mode other repellants have joined them and they grew stringer so the meeles just there. It is stuck with connect to itunes symbol to activate. I had spent so much time for an earlier problem where it could not get past even the FDU screen where it remains black thrugout.