Thread: How to brand, debrand or change firmware in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

How to brand, debrand or change firmware in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

I have been thinking to learn some branding and debranding and to change the firmware in the sony xperia Arc can you help me please? I am sure some of you guys would be having some idea with it so please suggest something and try to help me out? I know this is not an easy task but still I need to learn it and I am having a nice interest in all this stuff.

Re: How to brand, debrand or change firmware in Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Well this is a good idea to learn it and these days it has been important aspect too. Anyways I would like to try to help you out with my steps and lets see ahead.

1. First you got to find the customization number of your firmware and then you have to change it as required.
    2. The second step would be to open the root explorer and then move to with the system and then open the build.prop file with the text editor.
    3. Now you need to change XXXX-XXXX into the customization number of the firmware you have been needing with and this XXXX-XXXX has to be changed in all the three line
    ro.product.name=LT15i_XXXX-XXXX
    ro.build.fingerprint=SEMC/LT15i_XXXX-XXXX/
    ro.semc.version.cust=XXXX-XXXX
    4. Now save and then exit. And restart.
    5. Now there are some basic thing which you have to care for like if you have been using the pc companion then you need to delete the BLOB_fs folder from this link

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\db\13740270\
    And if you have been using SEUS then the link would be

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\13740270\
    6. Shut down your phone again.
    7. Use the SEUS for updating and repairing the function in the pc companion
    8. Now just reboot and enjoy the new firmware.

I would ask you to follow some of the link and I would hope that you get some solution from them
    How to Debrand Sony-Ericsson C905A
    Downgrade Sony Ericsson Satio without debranding
    Upgrading the OS with the firmware
    Sony Ericsson OS upgrade

Can I ask you a simple question that please tell me how we can get a customization number what you have asked to get in the first step please I am not knowing anything about it so I need a suggestion for that too.

Ok that’s not a big deal follow the simple steps
    • Go to the dialer and press *#*#7378423#*#*
    • Then move to the service info
    • Go to software info
    • And here you would get the customization version

Hello dear i don't know if all this solutions are correct or not but i would be saying you one thing that try to be more realistic for yourself if you dont have any idea bout this then dont try all this because it has been found that the learners have been trying such steps and even a one bad step would lead you to cause a big problme and then you would be enjoying cursing the brad and the customer service so better be clear with that and be ready for anything what you would be facing.

Thats true friend i would like to support your point that the noobs must not try to do all such stuffs until they have a good amount of experience some of my friends have been trying to do all this and has been into very big problems like the phone haven't bee starting up or some problme with the OS and all have been found and some of the features have been not working and all try to take a help from experience person and then do anything so that you would be getting some life hep which is the best thing you can have.

Very well done Algonkin i wonder that from where you did learn this it was an awesome trick and i would say that this dint worked with me in one attempt i tried this in various ways and then finally i got the success but would have to say this also that the steps was yours and they were really helping and was not that tough to understand but was tricky to implement them in real anyways other guys also tried nicely to help me out of this and all of your comments are really appreciated i really dint expected so many of you would be taking interest in this query but as always you all want to help in all the possible way to every one on every question and that's why i always like to post ma queries over here because i know that they would be solved over here itself.