Thread: Converting Speech to Text on Android

Converting Speech to Text on Android

I have HTC Android phone with several application for using, but for messaging I don’t like to type the message since I’m very lazy. So one of my friend have suggest me that there are application available which are used to convert our voice into text format is that possible to do this? If yes then which application are used for this conversion of voice to text. So what are the various applications available to do this? What are the advantage and disadvantage over such kind of application? Please suggest me about this.

Re: Converting Speech to Text on Android

If you are using HTC android then there is the possibility to have such kind of application to use, myself using ShoutOUT for this purpose of converting my voice into text its work. But not accurately 100% there might be some error occurs but its good to use this. I had experienced that by using ShoutOUT. It has lots of feature such as voice addressing, speech to text, pop up notification, hand free composition, text to speech etc. this is one of the best application for your needs.

ShoutOUT is use to convert our voice to Text, this is but there is some limitation of using this application that sometime it won’t work properly as expected. But if you talk about Samsung 4G galaxy its work fine but for the small version of androids phone it need to speak and repeat the same word again and again not for all voice but for the confusing voice.

I using Nexus S 4G, in which I have, install this ShoutOUT, its work properly. And best as per my suggestion to have this application. If it does not work properly on your HTC It may take a few epoch for the HTC to identify your voice. Whatever you wants to text, but keep trying and it works.

Google's Voice Search application is a power full application used to recognize to the voice into text for searching ‘search by voice’. By using Google's Voice Search you have only to dictate your message instead of typing each and every word. You just tab the new microphone button on the keyboard; you can speak out whatever you want to write.