Thread: Is version 1.18.405.1 OTA update available for HTC chacha

Is version 1.18.405.1 OTA update available for HTC chacha

Hi, I am using HTC chacha and yesterday I was searching about the newer firmware it there is any available for the device and after such a huge effort I came to know that there is a software available for the device, but I don’t know whether I have to flash the mobile before installing newer firmware in the mobile, or I can simply update it through the OTA as well? is there anyone here had done this ever before? I am very keen to have this software in my mobile.

Re: Is version 1.18.405.1 OTA update available for HTC chacha

I am also not sure about this update but still I would like to tell you about the fact as you figure out the same on its own as well, you can simply see whether the firmware that you have mentioned is available or not.

For seeing that in your device you have to navigate to the setting and the firmware update for the device, and when you complete with this your device will list the current software version and the available software version for the mobile. and if you want to update then there would a button by clicking it you’ll get that software in your phone.

the update that you have mentioned in the title is available for sure, but I am not sure about through OTA, thus only you should make sure about that through your device. but I personally don’t believe in OTA updates as I haven’t seen any such changes after updating the software this way in my another mobile. but according to me if you are really willing to get the update then you should try to get it through the PC.

I am agree with the above user but you can have another option as well, like you can visit the service center and let them do it.

No doubt you can inquire first from there, but if the software would be available they will surely put it in your mobile.