Thread: Nogago Outdoor offline navigation now freely available for Blackberry phones

Nogago Outdoor offline navigation now freely available for Blackberry phones

Guys I am sure that you all must have not read about this application. well just wanted to say that the new version of this application does have many features in it which i would like to share it with you all. of which some of the feature are as
    - Global pedestrian routing
    - Offline search
    - Offline and online maps.
    So these are some of the features that I would like to say here, anyways I would like to know more about this application from you all appreciate if you can give me some more help on this and add some more information about the application. anyways I would like to say that you call can try out this application it can be used by any of them.

Re: Nogago Outdoor offline navigation now freely available for Blackberry phones

Quote Originally Posted by TheRuler View Post
    Guys I am sure that you all must have not read about this application. well just wanted to say that the new version of this application does have many features in it which i would like to share it with you all. of which some of the feature are as
    - Global pedestrian routing
    - Offline search
    - Offline and online maps.
    So these are some of the features that I would like to say here, anyways I would like to know more about this application from you all appreciate if you can give me some more help on this and add some more information about the application. anyways I would like to say that you call can try out this application it can be used by any of them.
    dude it is the best application that is available for the blackberry phones can be used as a outdoor navigation for all the devices that’s what I want to say here. It can track time measure distance and do many more things at all. Much advised for all the outdoor activities like walking and driving. Also I wiould like to say that offline maps are being offered at 4.98 EUR/USD for up to 18.000 square miles that’s a good thing to buy what say guys I would have surely gone ahead and got a glimpse of it as soon as possible that’s what I would have done, this application will be available in the blackberry app store, so you can get it as soon as possible from there, so that’s what you have to do. I hope this suggestion was useful for you.

Re: Nogago Outdoor offline navigation now freely available for Blackberry phones

ok that’s a nice information that you all have given here, well I would like to say is that there are some troublesome factors in the application and hence that’s the issue here in the game, the data usage is quite high with the Nogago. Well on measuring the distance with the two identical maps using the different application the data usage was comparatively very higher in the Nogago it took 450kb of data while the blackberry maps took 15kb of data now imagine the data usage in both the applications, so that’s what the difficulty is with both the maps I hope that’s clear for you all what I am saying here.

Dude have you checked the BB maps wheny oua re roaming I would advise you that you don’t make sue of that maps while you are roaming that will not at all be advisable for you, I hope that is clear for you. the projections and also the data usage are not clearly showin in BB maps and hence that’s why I am suggesting you the Nogago. Well if you are having problem with the data usage in Nogago then I would ask you to go with the offline maps it will just use the 13 mb of the data in your phone and hence no other data will be consumed at all. even the results displayed will be accurate and hence you can check that offline maps for sure, it will be of good sue for you. I hope this small suggestion from my side will be of good use for you.

I have a small problem here that I would like to share it with you all, well the problem in my case is that I had this Nogago installed in my BB phone now the thing is that I Tried to search for a POI but was not available for me and hence I did try out some alternate option to get it but on the search option it did not display any result at all. so what do you all think what can go wrong here, can you tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Harin$Akshi View Post
    I have a small problem here that I would like to share it with you all, well the problem in my case is that I had this Nogago installed in my BB phone now the thing is that I Tried to search for a POI but was not available for me and hence I did try out some alternate option to get it but on the search option it did not display any result at all. so what do you all think what can go wrong here, can you tell me?
    May be the OS version that you are running is quite old and hence it will not be showing that feature in the phone try updating your phone with the latest os and see if you can get something out of it. that’s what I want to say here, anyways there is a separate section of POI topic in the help section and you can derive the information from there only, so that’s what I am trying to suggest you here right now. Hope so that will be useful for you.

I am having an BB 9700 phone and I had installed a offline map from Nogago and I have seen that maps are very much difficult to read anything in the map that’s what the issue is. I wish I could have a 2X software installed in the phone and I would have definitely got some results out of it that’s what I think over here. Well the same is not the case with the BB maps in fact they do have the option of zooming in and out with the maps and you will be able to get the maps. I must say that RIM has worked really hard to take the pixel-based road the maps and also the streets can be stored as drawings, but roads, street names, borders, water that’s what the best features in the phone that’s what I have to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by lust-rous View Post
    I am having an BB 9700 phone and I had installed a offline map from Nogago and I have seen that maps are very much difficult to read anything in the map that’s what the issue is. I wish I could have a 2X software installed in the phone and I would have definitely got some results out of it that’s what I think over here. Well the same is not the case with the BB maps in fact they do have the option of zooming in and out with the maps and you will be able to get the maps. I must say that RIM has worked really hard to take the pixel-based road the maps and also the streets can be stored as drawings, but roads, street names, borders, water that’s what the best features in the phone that’s what I have to say here.
    Actually those devices which had less than OS 5.0 they were experiencing difficulties with the zooming and hence the zooming feature of the phone was scrapped out that’s what I am saying here. the developers have said that they will be updating this feature as soon s possible that’s what they are thinking of right now. So allow the developers to work on that and will get back to you with the desired results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Actually those devices which had less than OS 5.0 they were experiencing difficulties with the zooming and hence the zooming feature of the phone was scrapped out that’s what I am saying here. the developers have said that they will be updating this feature as soon s possible that’s what they are thinking of right now. So allow the developers to work on that and will get back to you with the desired results.
    Guys I have used this application and found the application quite descent to be honest but oen thig I must admit that it is not good fpr the car navigation. We can use that maps feature for the trekking and travelling places alone that’s what I want to say here. I think so there should be a program developed that would allow current location data to a webserver. Allt he tracks should be given the feature of saving it in the phone, not so concernd about the security threats and all but I would like to have that same feature in the phone and yes that will give a huge completion to the BB maps that’s for sure.

Guys have you all checked out the new features that has come up with the new update in case if you are not aware of it then I would advise you to check out the new features which includes
    1) Full OS support for all the major operating systems.
    2) Maps do look better
    3) Personalized maps with name purchased areas
    4) Error handling techniques is better
    Youcan check out this new features by carrying out an update by going to the official website of the Nogago, that will do the trick for you.

Guys that was really awesome work done by you all appreciate the work that you have given here, so thanks a ton for the same. happy that you all given me the updated information about the latest update that was a really a nice information I will be soon checking out with the latest update and that’s for sure, anyways thanks a ton guys.