Thread: Hotspot not working Sony Xperia Arc

Hotspot not working Sony Xperia Arc

From roger I had bought Sony Xperia Arc. In just one week, it has become my favorite mobile. However, yesterday I face some problem regarding too hotspot is not working. Instead of hotspot Wi-Fi, GPS, email client etc all are working well. somewhere I have found solution for this that if I will change APN settings then it will start working but friend problem is that I don’t how to change can you help regarding about this problem.

Re: Hotspot not working Sony Xperia Arc

Try to do some change it setting and I am sure after changing you will not get any Wi-Fi hotspot problem.
    Go to “settings” option then “Sony Ericson” then go to “connectivity” then move to “tethering and portable hotspot” and finally select “port Wi-Fi hotspot”.
    Then again, go to “settings” then select “configure Wi-Fi hotspot” and finally click on “security leave it open” and last select “save” option

I have attempted that solution and still not working. I have attempted all feasible changes of security settings, checked all settings on my record book PC and attempted with unexpected notebooks but useless. What I recognize is that once I empower the convenient Wi-Fi hotspot, the 3G/HSDPA image following to the signal toughness bars vanishes. I.e. it shows up my connection to the 3G/HSDPA network is lost. Subsequently, there is no join to the online world via the 3G /HSDPA lattice anymore, thusly any virtual world access. Whenever I incapacitate the conveyable Wi-Fi hotspot the 3G/HSDPA lattice image returns and I am again associate to the 3G/HSDPA lattice. My hunch is that there might be a bug of some sort that handicaps the portable satellite lattice access whenever the transportable Wi-Fi sweltering spot is empowering. The Sony Ericsson specialize back individual I spoke to still has not rung back. Could be he is moreover having situations getting it to work.

I am also facing same problem but I solve my problem using reply 1 solution. Still I am missing some data in my APN settings.

What APN information were you absent? I at first designed the APN settings manually. Clearly to make certain I asked for an over the wireless configuration from the mobile phone network operator’s webpage’s destination which sent me a note to set up the APN settings mechanically. There was no departure in the settings amidst the APNs I manually designed and the ones sent by the mobile network operator, consequently erased the set of doubled APNs. By the bye, I cannot get the default USB tethering to work either, but it tries not to matter as I have a work around by utilizing a tethering application.

I am imagining that you Access point Name that you are using are not proper, so try to change settings and match your settings, which I am going to tell you.
    • Name: telstra internet
    • APN: telstra.iph
    • Proxy: Not set
    • Port: Not Set
    • Username: Not Set
    • Password: Not Set
    • Server: Not Set
    • MMSC: Not Set
    • MMS Proxy: Not Set
    • MMS Port: Not Set
    • MCC: 505
    • MNC: 01
    • APN Type: default

I am sure that after changing setting you can access the hotspot.

I am able to prescribe that a Rogers branded Arc handset appears to be mark in the picture of a strategy, to the point that just a Rogers SIM card could permit local tethering in any way. Although the handset is unlocked, I try not to accept you can realize local tethering with the present marking. Apologize for any mistake.

I could call tech uphold from a different phone. I suspect one of the interior settings in the update is not populating your phone number into the suitable settings. I possess this issue whenever I do a reset on my old Dinc.

I assuming that your settings is look like
    • Name: Telstra Next-G Internet
    • APN: telstra.datapack
    • No settings until you get to MCC
    • APN Type: default

or
    • Name: Telstra Internet
    • APN: Telstra.wap
    • Proxy: 10.1.1.181
    • Port: 80
    • Username:
    • Password:
    • Server: wap.telstra.com/wap
    • MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    • MMS Proxy: 10.1.1.181
    • MMS Port: 80
    • Authentication type: CHAP
    • APN Type:

Really, thanks for my entire friend who have participate in this thread and provide me a precious solution. You are so fast then Google for providing solution.