Thread: Some tips for sony ericsson xperia arc

Some tips for sony ericsson xperia arc

I have recently purchased a sony ericsson xperia arc smartphone. I really like this phone and it suits my requirements. It is one of the best looking phones I think as per my view. I am actually very new to android phone. I have never used sony and android before. So I would like if someone can tell me how I can find few options, few functions or some ideas that I can apply on my phone. Can anybody give me some tips and tricks regarding using this phone? Anybody with some more tips is welcomed.

Re: Some tips for sony ericsson xperia arc

There are few tips that I would like to add. I myself own an xperia arc and I just love the phone.
    • Hold the hardware Home button and a list of recent apps appears.
    • Go to dialer and dial *#*#7378423#*#* for the service menu.
    • During the incoming call alert, you can put your phone on silent by pressing any of the volume buttons. You will still have the option to accept or reject the call.
    • Double click on the headset's button to go to the next song. Triple click to go back to the previous one.
    • You can get a slightly larger field of vision in the video camera if you disable the image stabilizer.

Well I also have few tips that one can follow regarding xperia arc phone and they are as follows:
    • Long press the back button in default browser to access the browsing history.
    • Go to setting > about phone > keep pressing android version many times > Zombie artwork appears.
    • Go to gallery-> Put 2 fingers on a folder and hold-> now pinch out-> you will now see all the pics under that folder.
    • You can change the position of the icons in the camera interface by holding and dragging them.
    • Sony Panorama Beta now works on unrooted Arc too.

Well I don’t have an arc, I have the Xperia Neo. But I think that this must work the same with the Arc.
    • once in a while xperia arc checks for update on PlayNow store. some paid stuffs present in the market are gets add for free of cost.
    • you can double click on the headset's button to go to the next song which is there. you can triple click on the button to go back to the previous song.

sony ericsson Xperia Arc uses the menu button and allows you to have instant access to search function for this just press down for a few seconds. You can also press the home button on xperia arc for a few seconds which will allow you to jump immediately to the task manager. this provides a quick way to jump between the recent applications which accessed by you.

I would like to know that is it possible to increase volume in the musicplayer via the secret menus? Does anyone have any suggestions related to this? If yes then kindly let me know.

I know only two good things in arc and they are as follows.

• When we push the hardware menu button a little longer, the keyboard with Google search function appears.
    • position of the icons in the camera interface can be changed by just holding and dragging the icons.
    • you can pinch on home screen of xperia arc and you will see that widget shows up.

I know about one trick in xperia arc. My brother once told me about this,
    • Go to the gallery
    • Put 2 fingers on a folder and hold
    • Now pinch out
    • You will see all the pics under that folder.
    I hope you like this trick. Thank you