Thread: Will Sony PS3 survive in the market

Will Sony PS3 survive in the market

What do you think that will PS3 is enough capable of surviving in the gaming market. I found a very less support for PS3 now and think that future will be a tougher for this product. There was some conference in which CEO of Sony said that it was on life support. That was really sad to hear. As per him some games like GTA IV are still made users glued to the gaming console and also help to take full advantage of the processing. I liked Microsoft idea of Xbox 360. It is simply eliminating the competitors in the market. Now Microsoft can target similar games on two platforms. The first is Windows PC and other on gaming console. While Nintendo lies on the other side due to area specialization. Till yet I enjoyed a lot on Xbox 360. PlayStation seems to be an bit outdated. But till the time the gaming console attracts the game developers there must not be much issues.

Re: Will Sony PS3 survive in the market

That is correct to some extent. PS3 is a bit loosing its market and in its place Xbox is being considered more due to better graphic support. I too choose to go for Xbox if some one ask me to buy a new gaming console.

I love PS3. It is an awesome gaming console. But I hope that it will survive by releasing more new versions like PS4, PS5, etc. Because anyhow new gaming technologies will evolve and as the time passes it will become cheaper. In that case, other will not stay quite. Microsoft will surely upgrade something new in Xbox and provide to the users. Wii is still on its place best for motion gaming. Still there is no equality of games among platform. Some games are only made for some consoles only. This is what cuts the competition. Once there is an uniformity the companies will face th real challenge here. Xbox provide Xbox Live network to allow usesr play online like how PSN works.

I heard that Sony is going to provide blu ray support on PS3 but not yet finalized. Comparing to Xbox 360, PS3 is cheaper and nice also. There can be a difference in hardware.

Xbox 360 rocks on the list of best gaming console. It is widely sold in comparison to others. The reason can be support of multi platform where the games which you can play xbox is also available for PC. This connects many users with each other on online gameplay. The same is application for PS3 also. But in comparison to hardware configuration Xbox has higher support.

Nintendo focus more on its niche market. There are some places where people will not always love Xbox or PlayStation. Xbox 360 Pro is the one which is now in market and has high number of sold games. Sony has to plan something better to tackle this, or else PlayStation will keep falling from the list. Every day more better graphic are released and it is even getting more better. I future it will become common to have 3D effects on our regular tv due to the enhance technology. It is said by Sony CEO that PlayStation still need help to stay in the race. Some games that can change the entire scenario are yet to be released. But in the end it is users choice for which he/she wants to go for. Companies cannot force by lucrative offers to purchase their device. This can be trouble for everyone in long run. What I think to go for that console which has long run game support. Like PlayStation, in the coming 2 years the game which will be released will not work on it. That is what happen with PlayStation 2.