Thread: During startup, blackberry curve 8520 freezes

During startup, blackberry curve 8520 freezes

I have recently purchased blackberry curve 8520 smartphone from a blackberry store for myself. I just love this phone and it is an amazing device. Till now I was not having any problem. But from yesterday I am having some issues with it. During startup, I have noticed that the blackberry freezes. My phone doesn’t load fully. The white loading bar stops while loading. I have tried to start the phone on safe mode but nothing actually happened. I have also tried the soft reset and double soft reset but all in vain. There was no change even after trying all this. I don’t know what is wrong here. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please help me people in order to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: During startup, blackberry curve 8520 freezes

As you have mentioned that it has started giving you trouble from yesterday itself so I would like to know that what you did with your phone yesterday. Did you drop the phone down or did your phone get wet accidently. If these things have not happened then I assume that it is something related to a corrupt file or related with the theme. I would say that try to wipe the device with Jl_cmdr. Try to reload the Operating system again. I am sure that this might help. Please mention more details in the next post so that I can help you out more effectively.

Please mention if there is any error code or something like that you are getting? I would like to know that if you have installed any programs just prior to this problem? It is possible that the software installed is creating this problem. I hope you did not mess around with the battery of your phone.

As you have mentioned that you have tried to start the phone on safe mode and you have also tried the soft reset and double soft reset, now you can try to remove the battery from the phone. Remove the battery and put it back after few seconds. Make sure that the battery is not a faulty one. I hope you are having a genuine battery. How old is your battery. I would suggest you to change the battery if it’s faulty and even not genuine. You can purchase the battery from any mobile shop. If your phone is in warranty period then it is good because you might not have to pay for the battery.

I think there is some problem with your memory card. I was facing the same issues with my mobile phone. Main reason for this could be the infected memory card. For that I have a solution for you that try to access the mobile phone without your memory card and check whether mobile phone is freezing on the startup or no. And if possible scan your memory card for at least once. You can also format the memory card. May be there is some virus in memory card which is not allowing the phone to get beyond startup.

i think you should get the phone exchanged. After doing all these things if the problem remains then i think that it is the device problem and not the software problem. If your device is completely frozen on the white screen then you need to check it with the blackberry people and then ask them to provide the solution for the same.

I would suggest you to not to use un-trusted application. You must use antivirus application for your Blackberry curve 8520. Finally you should visit the service center of Blackberry if the problem isn’t solved.

I think you need to format your phone and also you need to check it out with the software update which can help you to update the operating system of your phone. You need to go to the technician and ask them to solve the problem. It is quite likely a hardware problem.

Well as far as I have heard blackberry curve 8520 phone freezes. There have been many problems in this blackberry model. Blackberry is looking for the fix and would most probably come up with the solution. There have been a lot of software issues regarding this phone so I assume it is a software issue. Just contact the blackberry guys and try to get some assistance from them.