Thread: Is it possible to use BIS in Europe with European SIM on Blackberry Bold 9650 (Verizon)

Is it possible to use BIS in Europe with European SIM on Blackberry Bold 9650 (Verizon)

I am in Italy for studying and needed the Italy phone number for my study abroad program. I am using BlackBerry bold 9650 with Verizon services and I already called them to unlock my phone which they already did.

Now some of the Italian cellular service provider says they provided pre-paid GSM SIM cards along with pay as you go Blackberry data packages like the Italy provide TIM offers give prepaid card as well as Blackberry data package for 2 Euros a week now my question is if I get one of this card then is it possible for me to use BlackBerry internet services like email, web browsing, and BlackBerry messenger(BBM) and the other thing is i am sure to release my Verizon PIN before using the TIM cause if I leave my PIN wit Verizon then would I still be able to use BBM with the TIM voice and Blackberry data package .

I need BBM its more important to me as it would allow me to contact my family without the need for phone calls and I also bot want to mess up my Verizon PIN association using Verizon PIN with Italian carrier .can any one provide me any information about this I would be very much appreciate this

Re: Is it possible to use BIS in Europe with European SIM on Blackberry Bold 9650 (Verizon)

Yes its possible for you to use BlackBerry internet services like email, web browsing, and BlackBerry messenger with Blackberry data package and for the second question I would like to add you have to delete the BIS account with Verizon other wise you cant be able to use BIS on Italian sim because ypu device is already registered with a BIS account you cant register it with another BIS account hope this will slove all the issue regarding this matter

Re: Is it possible to use BIS in Europe with European SIM on Blackberry Bold 9650 (Verizon)

What should I do For deleting the BIS of Verizon and creating new account with the local provide should I need to make calls any one of them Or is there possible to delete the VZW BIS & create the Italia provider BIS online

Just the carrier be able to remove a BIS account, this requires calling them. No online facility available as far my knowledge goes

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio1 View Post
    Yes its possible for you to use BlackBerry internet services like email, web browsing, and BlackBerry messenger with Blackberry data package and for the second question I would like to add you have to delete the BIS account with Verizon other wise you cant be able to use BIS on Italian sim because ypu device is already registered with a BIS account you cant register it with another BIS account hope this will slove all the issue regarding this matter
    Thanks for reply my major concern is switching to BIS accounts from Verizon to the Italian carrier I don’t know how complicated this will be cause at the end of the summer, when I want to return to Verizon and I cant do this on my one.

Why don’t you just take a break from BBM and use other messenger like Google talk kind of which can run on simple WAP