Thread: Is it possible to use a sprint or Verizon Blackberry phone on MetroPCS?

Is it possible to use a sprint or Verizon Blackberry phone on MetroPCS?

Hi guys I am wondering if it possible to use any BlackBerry that the runs on sprint or Verizon to MetroPcs services. I just want to know this as I am planning to do this with my BlackBerry phone and I have no idea weather it is possible or not can anyone here had already done this or is planning to doing so kindly suggest me what should I do regarding this I would be very glad to know this

Re: Is it possible to use a sprint or Verizon Blackberry phone on MetroPCS?

I am not sure about this but as far as I know it is not possible to unlock any CDMA phone to use the other carrier network services which is already working on Sprint and Verizon

Well today I have called metroPCS representative and he said me to bring my BlackBerry phone and they will reprogram it to work it on MetroPCS network but he is not sure that whether they give the BlackBerry plan that i could use the BlackBerry function . I was hoping any one here help me with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Pamina View Post
    Well today I have called metroPCS representative and he said me to bring my BlackBerry phone and they will reprogram it to work it on MetroPCS network but he is not sure that whether they give the BlackBerry plan that i could use the BlackBerry function . I was hoping any one here help me with it .
    Its clear that if their own representative doesn’t know whether they give the bb plan then probably don’t have BlackBerry plan. Apart from that you also have to keep in mind that MetroPCS don’t have roaming agreement with anyone so that means if you go out of their limited service area the you wont have the service at all .so be cautious before you make any change to your BlackBerry phone . check whether any one else have using metroPCS services here I am kind of oppose to get this services for your phone but at the end it you who have to decide what good that you can get out of it

Yes you can have any CDMA phone flashed to use MetroPCS network

I have BlackBerry Pearl 8130 which was working on the sprint but I flashed it to use MetroPCS .

I heard somewhere that MetroPCS will have the new BlackBerry curve coming soon this month and I think $10 plan for internet plan extra. I hope this may true and I can add it for $10 extra. So the myth of not be able to get the metroPCS services on BlackBerry id not true , at the movement MetroPCS will not do it as updating the OS will reset the phone and it will Kill the flashing and you will have to return to the store to get it done again and so on.

I have BlackBerry storm that I want to flash but if I do so I will lose my contract and it too expensive for that and I went to the Verizon to test the phone found out its too slow but I guess the update will fixe this problem

I have spoken to the person that own the MetroPCS store he said that they would be able to flash BlackBerry phone but cannot guarantee about its function will be functional. It strange that they are offering the BlackBerry curve 8830 for 499.99 its just the scam to force the customer to buy this BlackBerry phone although metroPCS BlackBerry do have push mail web capabilities .and metro network don’t support the download over network all Apps need to be instead by desktop manager that’s all information that I was able to get from the store owner, and a costumer service representative

I was planning to flash my BlackBerry and Samsung for metroPCS but the representative tells me tif I don’t do it trough them I will loss the Email functions.Dose anyone knows it true

Hey guys I have BlackBerry curve running on the metro but the phone only does the text and calling function does any one know hot to configure the WAP and the MMS working

Its very simple you have to Sign up for a BlackBerry data plan from MetroPCS.

MetroPCS and Cricket is the only CDMA provider that will activate other provider’s handsets, and MetroPCS is the single one of those two who can offers BB service.