Thread: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Wireless scanner unable to scan anything

HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Wireless scanner unable to scan anything

Hi guys I have got this HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless brand new heard lot about it , very nice piece but currently I am facing trouble using it . I have connected it to computer with USB not by ant network of wireless and when I try to scan any document it’s just gave me error No Scan Options and directed to Documentation to Troubleshoot now I have looked everywhere but I can’t find anything about these I have even uninstalled and then again reinstall the software but still i am facing the same problem is anyone else facing the same problem is there any solution to this How do I put this machine to scan a document to my PC

re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Wireless scanner unable to scan anything

On this kind of device it’s very hard to find the problem. What I can suggest id you can download HP Scan Diagnostic Utility and solve the common scanning problem, connection problem like

1. USB connection
    2. Network connection working correctly
    3. Driver Checks
    4. Windows WIA Scan Checks
    5. HP Twain Scan Checks
    6. Problems in Device Manager
    7. Checks registries
    8. Checks that all HP software components
    9. Checks HP Digital Imaging Monitor (DIM)

All that sort of problem tries this and let me know the result

Even I am facing the same problem with my 8500 and as you side I try to search HP Scan Diagnostic Utility it’s gave me the error HP was unable to find the page you wanted. Now what should I do help please

Quote Originally Posted by AnitG View Post
    Even I am facing the same problem with my 8500 and as you side I try to search HP Scan Diagnostic Utility it’s gave me the error HP was unable to find the page you wanted. Now what should I do help please
    Strange I have never notice this problem may be there some problem with the HP server you just try again later it or you can Google it you will definitely get the result

Hey I have taken you advice and downloader this HP Scan Diagnostic Utility and ran it on my pc it shows all checked in green except the last one Front Panel my pc was stuck for a while before showing that and the utility is not able to fix this issue so all set and done now what . How could I get rid of this problem? Still unable to scan

Well I have no idea about this problem but I like to suggest you go the hp support site and check the solution for this problem and I request you to post the solution here

I don’t thinks the solution for that is listed on the support actually it hard to get solution for this I have even tried HP solution center but the result was useless its showing HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909g Series is ready but when I clicked the start Scan document it’s just stuck and one window open which actually don’t do any thing. Now I have already reinstalled the software but it’s not helping. I am guess either the software CD that I got with the scanner is corrupted which I also think is impossible or it’s not compatible with my computer I am using Dell pc which is running on Windows XP. This happen even when I enter anything on the setting same thing happen it freeze any idea

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Wireless scanner unable to scan anything

If you thing you software is corrupted which it’s not but maybe then you can install the latest software on HP website you just have to put proper model and right operating system

I am also having the same problem and I am unable to find any solution if you get any solution please post it here also please give me link for HP Scan Diagnostic Utility I would like to know what problem I am having

Did you checked is your device is working fine of not maybe there is a hardware issue as HP Scan Diagnostic Utility shows its Front Panel problem it better you consult to the with the technician and get it fixed as you scanner is new you can enjoy the benefit of warranty . trying to find the solution by your self will only delay the cure more .