Thread: PS3 is making really a loud noise

PS3 is making really a loud noise

I am having a problem with my PS3. A loud noise from its fan keeps coming, Noise comes even when I am playing only music. Since now I have changed it’s thermal compound on the cpu and gpu(graphical processing unit). But now the sound is coming constantly and it feels annoying to me. I tried to clean my fan and other parts from inside, but the sound is still coming. It’s really going crazy and I don’t have any clue of what cause this problem and how to fix this issue.

Re: PS3 is making really a loud noise

You said a loud noise. What kind of noise is that? I mean the sound is like as it scratches against something, it a broken part, any or anything else. If you are getting such noise then you probably might have been broken anything related with the fan. And in that case you have to get your fan replaced. And if the noise is like a blowing noise which makes you feel that it is running too hard then it may be because of the overheating of the system, as fan will try to cool it. Check whether the thermal compound application is transferring heat correctly or not?

It may be because the heatsinks are not installed properly. And if it is not so then it may be because your fan is in enclosed area. And if it so then bring it to an open area where it can get more breathing. Also, you can watch some videos on youtube where they show how to link case fan with USB cables and then plug it to USB port of PS3 and then attach it to back side in order to create more and more airflow.

I am sure it is a fan noise. And I have plenty of space for my PS3 as I have placed it in my living room so I think overheating would not be a problem. As, I mentioned previously I changed my thermal compound two times. When I changed it first time then I bought it as second hand but I cleaned it nicely. And when I replaced it second time I detached fan from cooler and did a hard clean again. Now it looks very clean but sound is making me irritate.
    you can watch some videos on youtube where they show how to link case fan with USB cables and then plug it to USB port of PS3 and then attach it to back side in order to create more and more airflow.
    I don’t want to make those USB fans, I think I should buy another make of thermal compound. As far as I know it should not be silicon based, but I want further suggestion for any good thermal compound which I should buy.

I am having the same issue. But I think mine issue is due to the breathing place available for the place, because, I exchanged my PS3 with my uncle because he wanted to use my savegames and this PS3 was not making any noise when it was on my uncle’s house because there was a plenty of space, but it started making noise in my house, probably because it has little space now. And I don’t think getting another make of thermal compound can solve your problem.

I think everyone of us has a PC for now and so he can just invest approximately $250 to make your PC able to run all the latest games. And also you can just double the value of your PC by just downloading the mods and playing them. Also, PC games costs less $10 (on an average) than the console games so you if you buy 10 games then you will save $100 and you will recover your $250 when you buy some more games. So, according to all these Console gaming cannot replace PC gaming at least for those who already have a PC.