Thread: Windows 7 not properly configured Palm m515

Windows 7 not properly configured Palm m515

I have Palm m515 a great PDA I like its feature very much. Now I have sold my old laptop under buy back scheme and bought a brand new laptop now that laptop runs on Windows 7 operating system. Today morning when I tried to connect my Palm m515 for hot sync its now working on windows 7 The M515 seems to be synchronizing but nothing happens. So now I am unable to figure out what my mistake would be dose PalmHotsyncSetup really works as it should on windows 7. I am not the windows expert so I don’t know how tackle this situation in front of me. Hoping for your help bye

Re: Windows 7 not properly configured Palm m515

I don’t have this problem I can synchronized my Palm m515 on my windows 7 64 bit with using the palmhotsyncsetup.exe which is available on pimlico Software inc and PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518.zip for the USB to Serial Connection try to find those applications and drives an you would be alright using all the facility that you want

I think is very hard to perform the HotSync with a 64-bit install of Windows Vista or Windows 7. What I would like to suggest you is installing the USB IRDA Dongle may be that would help you

I would suggest you that you can download virtual pc and that can load the window XP on it now install the Palm desktop when you are in windows XP mode . now launch the hot synchronization manager then connect it with the handheld using the USB cable make sure that the handheld USB is listed on the top of the screen and that you can see by expanding the XP Mode window now Start the hot synchronization operation and then go back to the USB option in the windows XP mode toolbar choose “Add” for the Palm devise. This will start the hot synchronization correctly. So I hope this may prove halp to you as there is no direct support to the device on Windows 7

Hope this may work as I didn’t tried it but I am very keen to experiment on this I would post the solution regarding what I have been achieved and let all of you know whether its works or not