Thread: Nokia Plug and Touch download

Nokia Plug and Touch download

I just saw an video for an amazing app that can turn your LCD Tv to touhscreen. This is by an app for Nokia phones called as Plug & Touch. I am looking for a download of this. I own a Nokia N8 and I had searched a lot on Ovi store also. But nothing found. I also need an brief description on this app and from where can I download this.

Re: Nokia Plug and Touch download

It is just an concept. There is not yet any final app available. It is right that this app has capability of turning your HDTV to an giant N8 touchscreen. The video is really awesome, but still there are lots of things that lack here. Like a proper gesture support which can work in any conditions. The application uses Nokia N8 camera to recognize the gesture of user. You might need to wait for more time, when Nokia will release the same officially. The video is an presentation video for the app and nothing is yet finalized. You can also find a number of users asking for download on the Nokia forums, but there is no reply posted. I looked on various websites, and found on some blogs that it is just an concept and the finalization is still pending. You can from your side can contact Nokia support and care and find out more on the same.

That seems to be correct. I tried looking at many places but still don't find any download of the same.

You might need to wait for some more time, till Nokia will officially announce it. This is still under working. But I know one more app called Moove. This is available on Ovi store. This application sis somewhat a gesture recognition app. By this you can control your movie player with your gesture by using the front camera of Nokia phone. I do not know whether it works in all, but you will need toc heck for the same. The application is an music app with an gesture support. The users of Nokia 5800 will have this with the phone. You can download this from Ovi store. At the start you will need to click on the Sync button to configure the gesture.

You can use it for playing and pausing your song and also to change the song. You need to wave your hand in front of the camera.

Here is more info on the Nokia Plug and Touch App. There is an HDMI support provided on Nokia N8 phones. So that can be counted under the requirement list of Plug and Touch. The app is not found on Ovi, may be under construction. Second thing you can use this for viewing your entire mobile screen on the HDTV via HDMI output. You can use the back camera of the phone and wave your hand on the TV, the phone app recognize your gesture and perform the action. This thing is really nice, but not available. The camera has 12 megapixel camera support which is enough strong to stream high definition video and capture your gesture. The video shows you only the prototype of the application not the final version and yet is not available for public testing. The app is designed to support Symbian^3 handset. This is just an glimpse that is shown on the video and you can keep an eye on the ovi store for the final release.