Thread: Getting error while accessing Gmail on Iphone, "incorrect user name and password"

Getting error while accessing Gmail on Iphone, "incorrect user name and password"

Hi, I am using Iphone and used to use internet on that but since last two days I am having problem with the Gmail, as whenever I tried to access my account, the application always gives me the same error as "incorrect user name and password". But as far as I know I have provided the perfect credential over there, but still what could be the problem any idea?

I have tried this for so many times but still no luck, as getting the same error.
    Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: Getting error while accessing Gmail on Iphone, "incorrect user name and password"

there might be some problem with the application that you are using in your phone, as you should try to reinstall that application and then try again.

Though I don’t have the same phone but still was having the same problem with the Nokia mail and this is the application that can’t even delete but didn’t get the answer yet. But you’ll be able to do that if you have installed any such application and you are trying to access it from it.

Thus if you are accessing account from any such application then you can have option to delete your profile on that and don’t worry as it will not delete your account, and after deleting that you have to configure that account again.

Re: Getting error while accessing Gmail on Iphone, "incorrect user name and password"

I am completely agree with the above user, but have you ever tried to access the account through the PC? because see if you are able to access you account from there then surely there could be some problem with the application that you are using and as the above user mentioned you should try to reinstall that particular application.

hey I was also having the same problem with accessing my account but still you can have this option as well, you should try to visit this page. And try to unlock your profile.

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha