Thread: No phantom messages but still shows 5 unread messages on my iPhone 4

No phantom messages but still shows 5 unread messages on my iPhone 4

I am using iPhone 4 since for very long time and have four e mail accounts set up on it I have latest updated software but yesterday one of the inboxes started to show 1 unread message on one of the e mail account which is an iMap Account but when I was checking the inbox I can’t find any new message there and today when I was checking I saw 5 unread message but again no messages available. and these unread massage don’t show up on my iMac either mean the Mail icon in the doc does not show any phantom 'unread' messages dose anyone else face this problem I request the solution for this issue

re: No phantom messages but still shows 5 unread messages on my iPhone 4

I am also facing the same problem and with about 5 unread message now I am not able to get any message on my iPhone Account but it’s still showing the 5 unread message which is actually not there . I have even deleted all the account in my I phone and had hard restart and then again set up all the accounts but still no solution was font and it’s still showing the 5 unread message in my inbox I this it’s some kind of bug tow people have same problem may be there some bug on out iPhone is there anyone else there having the same problem .

I am also have the same problem on my yahoo email accounts its showing the 3 unread message but I don’t see any in my inbox I have deleted and re setup my account still no luck

Its happens some time that the message is hidden in the threads and they do not displayed in the inbox so for that kind of message you need to check the number of message on the thread on the main list and then you need to check the thread sub-list . hopes this will solve all the issue that you have regarding the unread messages kindly let me know if its works

Yeah having the same problem and it’s for some time now I see the unread message and when I check there’s no message found . It was showing the unread message in the inbox and reporting same in unread message in the badge . and there is one more error I am facing that is I see from time to time may read all the unread message from the inbox but when I back out to the account list I again see the same number of unread messages on the badge .and I quite figured out the solution for that also all I need to do is scroll the account list until the account list is no longer seen on the screen and then when I scroll back up to view it will properly show no unread messages . I think this problem is causing because your iPhone is having trouble to reach you mail account and this might be the cause of the phantom message

I just experience the same issue of 78 unread message on the phone even though all the message is read in the office on outlook so here how I deal with the situation I let iPhone update and get the same unread number as outlook then mark all the mail read on the outlook and let again allow the iPhone to update and you will see Zero unread message that its all you have to do is let the phone allow fully sync with outlook before marking them as read again and re-syncing.

May be this helps you go to the library folder then go to mail the go to the folderV2 and on that mail data move the three files to your desktop Envelope Index , Envelope index-shm and envelope index-wal . and then restart mail it should fix the whole thing this works for me may be its works for you also .

Re: No phantom messages but still shows 5 unread messages on my iPhone 4

Was facing the same problem but it got solved thanks you the man cheers