Thread: Using iPhone 4 in car through AUX lead give the poor sound quality

Using iPhone 4 in car through AUX lead give the poor sound quality

I am having iPhone 4 and love to listen podcasts and music in the car while I'm travelling but I am little bit worried about the sound quality of the device playing via aux lead on my car. Before this I was having iPhone 3G for some years and that never given this problem I was using Monster iCable 800 cables to connect the headphone jack to iPhone to aux input and that gives the good sound quality but recently bought iPhone 4 and using same cable I have noticed that sound quality is not that good as compare to iPhone 3 . I have tried the Aircraft mode but its make no different and if I increase the sound its give little better sound but not that good and if I pause the song it’s still give that Hiss sound and pops and then silent , Headphone circuitry being powered off? I have even tride diffirent Aux cable still no progress and as new phone I don’t want to mess with it so does anyone facing this same problem

Re: Using iPhone 4 in car through AUX lead give the poor sound quality

Same problem i have no idea what to do with it’s like I am stuck. I hear continues Hiss sound on the back ground like random crackles and pops. The quality of sound Is so poor that In fact I hate to listen the speech radio I was very comfortable wit my previous phone which was not the iPhone but this is really annoying I am using the same cable that is used by the above guy . so any one can help me as I am new to use iPhone .

I think you should get you phone checked by the technician this should not be happening may be there will be any problem with your device or see if your car stereo is working fine .

I had compromised with the issue as its only happen when I play songs via AUX the idea is the volume setting for the Aux input which amplifies the inputs I assume . what you should do Is set the iPhone volume to the high maximum and car stereo aux amplification set to zero I do the same work for me with iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Abenaki View Post
    I had compromised with the issue as its only happen when I play songs via AUX the idea is the volume setting for the Aux input which amplifies the inputs I assume . what you should do Is set the iPhone volume to the high maximum and car stereo aux amplification set to zero I do the same work for me with iPhone 4
    Hi have did that same its works a bit but the quality is not as same that I was getting from my iPhone 3 so still any better solution for this

Common issue with the new iPhone 4 I think maybe there is some internal interference in the iPhone 4 . even when I pause the song I can hear the cracks and buzz sound for 10 sec before its completely stop and its start again when play the song again . got no problem with iPhone 3GS,
    Infact when I connect my iPhone 4 to ear phone its gives me crystal clear sound .this problem should be fixed quickly

I have the same problem using aux mode and on other hand if I use the headset it’s give the clear sound may be its should be just few people who is facing this problem as the solution is not yet made I have BMW 116

So I contacted the tech support for the same issue and learn that all iPhone is facing the same problem of producing same Hiss sound on the background and he tried 2 more iPhone 4 to mt car but same problem . so the conclusion was at the end that all iPhone 4 is using the new part for aux output so there's not going to be a software or firmware fix for the same

I had this issue on my BMW and no solution is to be fond regarding this issue even if I use another iPhone 4 the same issue exist so I guess you were right so I did few research on this issue I resolute it was a issue with the car and not the phone I checked the other car was working fine on this expect . there is some problem with grounding of a wire in the radio unit so I got the PAC SNI-1/3.5 Minijack Ground Loop Noise Isolator from Crutchfield and I noticed no reduction in sound quality either. The isolator cost me $18.89, but was value for the price to have clear sound once again. maybe this help