Thread: Large amount of memory is occupied by Apps in iPhone

Large amount of memory is occupied by Apps in iPhone

Well friends I am having iPhone 4G, having memory of 16GB. It looks like that when I plug it in and the colored usage bar at the bottom of iTunes shows up, the memory space occupied by the apps is huge. In my case it is more than 5GB. I am not having that much of apps installed on the phone, and I even removed many of them yet the space occupied doesn’t seem to be changing. I'm taken away. Can somebody give details what is the reason for the apps to take up so much space, and why even removing some of them does not make any difference?

Re: Large amount of memory is occupied by Apps in iPhone

I find myself unable to put a good answer to this. My apps are taking up to around 11 GB of memory space. I think that those apps occupy more space than just the size of the app itself, but I would really like to know +how much+ space is used by which apps. If I am trying to clearing the apps off, how can I check that among them which apps, or which files, I should be deleting. I don't wish for to deleting some that perhaps is taking up a lot of space, because I in fact want those files accessible. But I haven't found some means to clear the space.

Guys I am having the same problem can anyone tell me how to solve this problem which has been a cause of worry for me since a long time.

Problems seems to most likely due to the data stored by the apps. For instance, if you are having files, the documents within it will also be taking up space as well, addition to the overall size of the app. If you have a direction-finding app that is small, and let’s suppose it has downloaded maps, which are big, the size it takes will be size of the app plus the size of the map. This will all be reported as space occupied by the applications.

if u are using FINDER on your iphone as a file browsing unit then you might I think shoul be checking the TRASH folder in your root ( that can be done by clicking the apple icon in top right corner) it keep all files that you already have deleted in this folder so you have to empty trash this was my I was having problem only I had 600 MB of trash files. And you should be looking for other option like this

Thanks Guys but I think I will be looking for formatting my memory space and then I will look for the apps installation may be that will help me a bit.