Thread: VPN support for Windows phone 7

VPN support for Windows phone 7

Anyone have any idea about this? I am searching for VPN settings for my Windows phone 7. I go through some sites and I just find that many people asking for the same. And from that I get one reply that guy says that There are currently no VPN support in Windows 7 to launch the phone, but I'm told it's something coming in a future update. I have no deadline when. So anyone has any idea about this?

Re: VPN support for Windows phone 7

It takes time to develop. Honestly, if we had to wait for Member States to develop these features before WP7 comes out, would possibly be "the holidays" of 2012, before it is comes out. Come to think of it, we are the similar people who could not stay to be released, I actually wanted was launched much earlier. So now be reasonable and be patient for updates to activate the functions.

While I agree with the idea that applications for third party solutions will take time. I think the MS applications that are totally and in fact have been part of Phone 6.5 have to be as a minimum leads to Phone 7. I am not posing for "direct access" but simply an essential MS VPN connection. In this line why no alternative to connect to an SSID is not broadcasting? These are very basic functions that I believe have been tampered with before his release. And for those who feel this is "beating" MS I'll be the first in the hope that MS does well and for that I would see no reason why someone could point to this new operating system as "missing"

Is there any preparation to slot in DirectAccess into Windows Phone 7 to give vpn-less access to the business network to access shared folders / intranet and so on?

I was not referring to the 3rd party apps. If you want to Juniper to deliver a VPN application for WP, and that's their job to make that happen, not Microsoft. I was talking about WP7 properties in itself, it takes time to expand and deliver these things so endurance is necessary of all. That said, while MS can have a list of all the characteristics of Windows Mobile, Microsoft developed WP7 from scratch in its place of taking things from Windows Mobile to conclude with a sub-par patched product.

In my opinion, I really do not see the need for a VPN between my mobile device and any other thing, when there are plenty of other options for secure connection without a VPN slow down my already slow 3G connectivity, which is much worse than VPN experience on computers.

VPN client for Windows Phone 7 would certainly be a murderer. It is a pity that not yet exists. But I concur; we cannot guess Microsoft's all the time comes to detach all troubles. Our VPN Sonicwall manufacturer's termination, then I asks them.

The biggest problem I see with the phone in Windows 7 is not TCP compatible API (although Microsoft and, possibly, some providers prefer to have access to it) - which means that third-party developers programs cannot be written as VPN clients, SSH clientele, etc. This is a lapse on the phone very limiting present Windows 7. I wish that is exposed as soon as possible. Devoid of a public TCP, Microsoft could mark a VPN client, but it is improbable that VPN clients are written for different servers and Cisco VPN.

In my association the just door to our network via VPN, which is only available for executives / IT.? Apart from that, if you need your email address you have to walk off to his office. However, for those few people who use a VPN connection (currently using Cisco) with Win 7 phones with a VPN client would be enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinlunk View Post
    Anyone have any idea about this? I am searching for VPN settings for my Windows phone 7. I go through some sites and I just find that many people asking for the same. And from that I get one reply that guy says that There are currently no VPN support in Windows 7 to launch the phone, but I'm told it's something coming in a future update. I have no deadline when. So anyone has any idea about this?
    Windows Phone 7 Does not support VPN yet, and here is one official post i read