Thread: Suggestion to upgrade Acer 5520G

Suggestion to upgrade Acer 5520G

Hello friends, I am using the Acer 5520G which has the AMD TL-58 processor of 1.9 GHz and 8600 m GS and I have received the new 9650 m GT, it has the 3 GB memory with PC-5300 and a 250 GB HDD with 5400 RPM. I was planning to upgrade to the higher features such as the 500 GB HDD with 7200 RPM, I found the Hitachi Travelstar 7K500, so what you people think about it. Even I want to upgrade the RAM, as I am not sure that what type of the RAM should I buy / take, or to replace the 1 GB slot with the 2GB, or should I use the 4 GB kit with the 2 x 2 for the dual channel. So please suggest me anything else more which can be added and also help to tell which is the best and also the good to add. Thank you.

Re: Suggestion to upgrade Acer 5520G

I want to say that if you are using the 32 – bit operating system then the 4 GB RAM is not good since the OS will be limited use till 3 GB. Ye try to replace for the same as you are having it in the first slot so that it will work as the dual channel, HDD upgrade is good till the time it not affect the battery life.

Well I have something to say as you have posted, I would say that you can replace the 1 GB module with the 2 GB till the time the specification of the system keep on matching with it. I think you will be in the operating the dual – channel mode which would be just fine to work with it. I think you might not to be needed to find the match pair of the same package and replace with the existing one. Even I want to say that the PC2-6400 is the best and will also fit to the system of yours. But there is a little change of the downclock to the PC2-5300 speeds if it matches with the PC2-5300 module or may be the chipset which is not able to handle the speed also. I think you should check the Corsair and Kingston and check that they are having the same thing or not.

If you are finding the problem or getting any type of the confusion then you can go on the internet and check out for the different specification which will be the best and also it will be fitted and will run the system proper also.

I think you will get the best and proper specification for your computer on the internet or just try to find it on the Google. As you try on the Google you will be able you to get many link, which will be providing you the best and also the cheap rates to buy that specifications. When I was planning to upgrade the system of mines then I was not having such good idea for any of the specification but I have searched for them on the Google and got many link, as going through the different links I was finding the rates of the different configuration of the hardware parts of the computer which will be supportive for my system, so I also think you should try the same and you will be able to find the answer and also the best on the Google itself.

Yes even I think that you will be able to get the answer on the internet and I do not think that you will have to wait for any more suggestion, as the internet is such a huge world to find and to solve the problem…

There is one more solution to find the best and also the best for you also. Just go to any local computer store and just have word with him and tell what you want to increase in your laptop and also tell him that what will be the best for your computer also, so I think that computer person will be able to help you and you will be able to get the best configuration of the system. As those are the guys whom are the best and also know that which configuration will be the best for which type of the system also? So just go and see.

Thank you guys for the suggestions you have given; I will do as per the suggestion you have given to me and will also try to find the best also.