Thread: I am not able to run clean install on new Dell vostro v131

I am not able to run clean install on new Dell vostro v131

I am trying to clean install Windows 7 on my Crucial SSD on my new Dell Vostro V131 laptop. The problem that I am facing is that Windows is asking for a driver at the time of installation. So I thought it would be the AHCI driver but even though Windows 7 found it but it didnt work. Now I am stuck and hope that you could tell me how to clean install Windows 7 on this laptop? Thanks

Re: I am not able to run clean install on new Dell vostro v131

You can try to install Windows 7 through Usb flash that can be made from the Microsoft USB DVD Download tool which will work. Try to just delete the ei.cfg file and do not give it a product key. If this doesnt work then you might have to partition and format the drive first and then install the OS. The problem might be occuring because of the Northbridge Filter Driver on ATI chipset motherboards. It might be also possible that the usb reader is changing to boot drive and windows is unable to install onto a reader with no media.

Even I was facing the same issue and I have tried 2 different DVDs and 2 different install sources but neither worked. But later on I found out that when we are installing windows 7 from a USB port, we are not supposed to use the Usb 3.0 ports because Windows will require a driver to use that kind of connection. So, after changing to a Usb 2.0 port, Windows 7 got installed properly. Hope this helps you out.

I am too having this similar issue and I am not able to use my Usb 2.0 port for my external DVD reader. The problem with my Dell machine is that it will not recognize the external dvd unless I plut it in Usb 3.0 port. I am getting the same error message like everyone else over here. Will I be able to install Windows 7 using bootable usb? Can anyone please tell me what should I do? Thanks

Guys, as I've searched a Thousand pages looking for a solution, I've found that the real bad guy here is really the USB 3.0 drivers that DO NOT come bundled in the Windows boot disks and it gets lost searching for its own installation files after booting...

There are 2 possible solutions: switch to a USB 2.0 usb stick and it goes like a breeze.... OR.... if you are like me and have ONLY 3.0 ports, download the 3.0 controller drivers and unzip all its files to the C: drive

click search, go through the drivers you downloaded and click next, it'll find the drivers, "install them" and come back with the same error again.

THIS TIME, since the drivers ARE installed, you should unplug the stick and plug it back in... click next and it should work.

Easy like a fatality...