Thread: How to increase speaker volume in Samsung Wave II by secret code?

How to increase speaker volume in Samsung Wave II by secret code?

I think that my Wave II speaker volume during a call is very low. I heard that you can increase the volume of phone in Db by some code changes in the phone. So I asked the service centre, but they said only software upgrade is possible no sound increase. So, anyone knows what is the secret code to increase the volume? I would really like to increase the volume of my cell. As, in my headphone too the volume is too low to actually hear anything. And what other codes are there that I need to know?

Re: How to increase speaker volume in Samsung Wave II by secret code?

I have done the increase in Wave I with the help of the following code:
    Type *#197328640# on your phone and then:
    1. Click the button 5 ( Audio )
    2. Click the button 2 ( AP, Volume Config)
    3. Click on the button 2 (EAR Config )
    4. Click the button 1 (volume PM) - to increase the volume of music files or the 5 key (FM Radio volume ) - Radio
    We can see the 7 lines (0-6 ) , increase the value of all lines to whichever value you want (lines are the level of sound). If you don’t want to change the line you can just change the last value which is 58dB to 75dB or 100db max. Just try this on Wave II too, and see if it works.

Hello, thank you for the code, it did work on Wave II, but I cannot increase the volume as I cannot type anything to change the value. I also read somewhere that it is not possible to change values in the Indian firmware of Samgsung. Can anyone tell me if it worked in their cell and what firmware the yare using so that I can update my firmware of their country.

You have to a trick in order to type. You have to enter double digit, so for 0 line press 0 on the number pad, at the top right hand corner on the screen it will say to type. Just tap on the white bar 3 to 4 times quickly below the number key pad and then another keypad should open. Enter desired number ie 75 or 100 dB and press ok twice. This will surely work. I have changed my volume and it has grown much from the earlier version. And you want other codes as well? Well, here are some codes I know:
    1) *#0*# - for Lcd and Cam
    2)*#0228# - battery status
    3)*#06# - IMEI No.
    This are common codes for the functions given for them.

Yeahh, it worked on my Wave II, I followed the same steps as given, although I have the UK firmware. Though I will warn you not to increase the volume by this code as I have faced problems with it. The speaker did become loud, but it then heated up very fast and then became mute completely. To recover my normal volume I had to flash the cell to get rid of this problem. So, increase it at your own risk, I am just warning you.