Thread: Using Lava A10 as a webcam

Using Lava A10 as a webcam

Recently I bought a brand new Lava A10 mobile phone. I am impressing with this mobile by its interface and performance. I read in box of this mobile there is written as Lava A10 can be used as a webcam by connecting to computer. However, there is not written procedure how to use this mobile as a webcam. In addition, I do not how I use this mobile as a webcam. So friend anyone who have experience how I will use my A10 as a webcam, can share their experience.

Re: Using Lava A10 as a webcam

I don’t think Lava A10 will be able to connect computer as a webcam, because Lava A10 is not a Smartphone. I think there is no java apps which can make a mobile to use as a webcam. So sorry friend you can’t use your mobile as a Webcam… . If you need, you can buy a separate webcam.

I am also using same kind of mobile. And I daily use my mobile phone as a webcam for video chat on yahoo. When you are connecting your mobile through USB cable then first it ask three option
    1. Mass storage
    2. Com port
    3. Webcam

Select the third option. And automatically you’re mobile working as webcam. That time you cannot use your mobile for call dialing.

Have you get PC suite disk with this phone while buying this phone. if you get that CD then try to install that PC suite in your computer after installing then connect your mobile with computer through USB port. Then it will ask to which path you want to connect select webcam path. And after that your mobile will be treated as webcam. Then go to my computer you will find that extra two-memory driver. One is phone memory driver and other is your mobile external memory card driver. At last, below of my computer window there is one more option for webcam just click on that icon and your mobile camera will work as a webcam.

I don’t get PC suite with this mobile. I have search whole mobile box but I didn’t get this driver CD. Friend there is no other option to use my LavaA10 mobile as a webcam. Or I buy new webcam for myself.

I don’t get PC suite with this mobile. I have search whole mobile box but I didn’t get this driver CD. Friend there is no other option to use my LavaA10 mobile as a webcam. Or I buy new webcam for myself.
    Don’t worry friend I am familiar with your problem. If you don’t get driver disk then you have option to download that driver through internet. From internet, you can download this driver and install in your computer then connect your mobile and enjoy webcam service of your mobile.

question Using Lava A10 as a webcam

i downloaded the PC suite in my computer...but after selecting the path as webcam path,the computer is not even detecting the phone...does this facility really work....??..whats is the exact procedure...?