Thread: How can I use my own incoming text message notification in Samsung Galaxy S2?

How can I use my own incoming text message notification in Samsung Galaxy S2?

Hi guys can any one tell me how can I would be able to use your own incoming text message notification I have bought this new Samsung Galaxy S2 and I am not finding any option for the same can any one help me on this thx.

Re: How can I use my own incoming text message notification in Samsung Galaxy S2?

The solution is little tetchy and not easy to understand but I will try to simplify may be you find it simple to work on
    So here it is

• First get the song or tune that you need to use as your notification
    • Then select application from applications screen
    • Now select the “my files “ you can see the screen its shows shown on the top left as 'sdcard'
    • Now select the media folder
    • Create folder by click the menu
    • Call it “Audio” and select it
    • Now on that again create the new folder in same way and call it as “Notification”
    • Now select the song or tune that you want to use as notification for the place you have saves it
    • Now select menu and move and move that song file in the notification folder that you have created
    • Go to Application again and select Application icon Select ”Messaging “select 'Menu' and then 'settings'
    • Now scroll down to bottom of the screen and under 'Notification settings and select ringtone
    • Here scroll through the list and find then select the track you wish to use, make sure the 'green dot' is in the circle next to it, click ok

That’s it this may help you
    PS: if this don’t work then you shut down the phone and restart it again and try it again it should work enjoy

Re: How can I use my own incoming text message notification in Samsung Galaxy S2?

Hey did all that you said to do but after I go on the song I cant find the option of select and move the some I don’t know whether I am doing something wrong please specify

It is not possible may be you are opening the song in the music player. I have stored my music file on the on the external SD card so I have to select external SD and on that I select sound and if its under any other folder just open that folder but don’t open the song yet or it its not on the folder then will be at down after all folder ends .or of you downloaded you song then it would be under download folder the bottom line is just go to the folder where you saved the song when you open the folder don’t click any thing just go to menu then more and then you will see the move option select that it will tell you select the file that you want to move in your case it would be song just check the box and then navigate to the folder that you want to copy the song and go to menu again and select move here that it its done s

Quote Originally Posted by Crespin View Post
    It is not possible may be you are opening the song in the music player. I have stored my music file on the on the external SD card so I have to select external SD and on that I select sound and if its under any other folder just open that folder but don’t open the song yet or it its not on the folder then will be at down after all folder ends .or of you downloaded you song then it would be under download folder the bottom line is just go to the folder where you saved the song when you open the folder don’t click any thing just go to menu then more and then you will see the move option select that it will tell you select the file that you want to move in your case it would be song just check the box and then navigate to the folder that you want to copy the song and go to menu again and select move here that it its done s

Hey great advice it has works thanks man you that champ I was looking it on music player. Thanks once again ………

I can’t find messaging option on my applications 1-4 screen but only first of four defaults at the bottom of the main screen showing the "Phone", "Contacts", "Messaging" and "Applications I have looked every options but its doesn’t appear I coped file rather then moving it dose it right please solution

Same here I can’t even do that and I have move the song file properly

That ok if it’s not located the app drawer in the you can select it form the bottom and do the same it means one and the same thing select the message from there