Thread: How can I Stop converting SMS to MMS in Samsung Galaxy S2

How can I Stop converting SMS to MMS in Samsung Galaxy S2

I want to tell every one who is not using Samsung Galaxy S2 it is one of the best phone have that I am ever used yet it has cool features and I love my phone the only thing that I hate is whenever I try to sent SMS and if it longer that the character limit of the phone then its automatically converted in to MMS now I have unlimited text message scheme applied in my phone and only 20 free MMS massage per month now I don’t want my 20 MMS get wasted unnecessary so is there any ways that I can stop it I don’t want to use my MMS instead I like to use SMS . please suggest

Re: How can I Stop converting SMS to MMS in Samsung Galaxy S2

I am afraid to say you that there is no way that you can stop it. The same problem is with Samsung Galaxy S1 also and this is not fixed .

I had the same problem on my phone for very long time and really it was very annoying since MMS is costlier than SMS and I don’t even had the scheme like you . I then have to look carefully before sending any SMS. Indeed phone has this phone has some grate features but the one problem make all other good to ignored. I don’t know all other Android based phone has this same problem or its just Samsung ways 0f working. I had read somewhere that they are fixing this problem on some custom roms, but I am not sure if there any fix is found or patched stock firmware on XDA anywhere then recently I have foun a nee APP name Handcent its available on the Android Market you need to searched it on it and if you want more functionality then Download Handcent Keyboard , Handcent soft is easy to use and very customizable its pretty cool SMS MMS app this will solve your problem I myself going to use this app and will post the result if any one else has used this app please share you experience with us

I find it !!!

just don't use the character apostrophe

ThumbsUp Re: How can I Stop converting SMS to MMS in Samsung Galaxy S2

i discovered the solution for this, the first thing to do is download GO launcher in android market. After downloading it activate it, and now download GO SMS pro and use it as your default messaging theme.
    It works fine even it consumes 5 to 6 pages of SMS it will not convert it to MMS. and the thing is you can customize the background and the style of your phone messaging.