Thread: Getting false email notifications on Samsung Galaxy S2

Getting false email notifications on Samsung Galaxy S2

Hi friends, as I have set up the Samsung Galaxy S2 to get the e-mails from the Hotmail. As I have assigned to it but I am getting the false email notifications which says that I have got 25 unread mails in the Hotmail and when I check the mails then I see that there are no unread mails. So as among you have faced the same problem as I am facing right now and what is the reason of getting it. Please help me with this problem thank you.

Re: Getting false email notifications on Samsung Galaxy S2

You should try to synchronize the phone time with the current time also. As you might be checking the mails from the laptop and which are been read and when you see on the mobile it shows you as unread messages. So you better do it that.

You should try to update the firmware of the phone, which is also known as the software for the phone. So you better update the software with the current and also the latest software for your phone. As you update the software then you will be able to get the problem solved. As there are many such problem which are been get solved with the updating of the software. So try to update the software and also check through the changes and see it might be not show the false notification again to you. I have also done as I was getting the same problem which I was able to get it on my phone.

Try to do the factory reset for your phone and also it might effect in the change to solve the problem of getting the false e-mails notification which is shown at the home page of the phone. The factory reset will bring back all the old setting which it was when you have brought the phone.

As I am not using the phone I do not know much about it, but I think that it might be due to the reason that when you click on the notification then it might mark as the unread when you see on the mail box. This is what I am thinking which is the problem; it might never give false notification. If you go and check the mails which you have read last time and which are new you can see in the main box. If you do not remember the last mail you have read then go through the mail received time and also the date in the mail box which is been seen aside of the every mail in the mail box. Just try the method which I have told you or which I think might get the reason of the problem also. Whichever you think is correct do that.

You can Google the problem on the internet and also you may find the problem same over there as you are finding on the phone, but in Google you will also find solution for the problem faced by you and also by that your phone is facing it. So simply Google it.