Thread: Unable to update Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware

Unable to update Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware

Hi, I am using galaxy s2 from last months and I used to connect the mobile to the kies and access the mobile content and the use to use internet as well.

But once when I plugged my mobile in to my computer kies told me an update is available and which i accepted. And everything was going perfectly till the first part completed updating and that’s XWKE1 but when I came to XWKE2 part, Kies doesn’t give me this update and the whole process gets stuck over there nothing went ahead.

And as the process didn’t went ahead my mobile is in the condition that I can say next to useless.

Any idea how can I resolved this problem?

Re: Unable to update Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware

See first of all I would like to tell you that you have made a mistake actually. Because see whenever we need to update any firmware, the best practice is to visit the service center and let them do the same rather than doing it on our phone especially when we don’t know what could be the steps that we have to carry while performing updating.

Thus if you really how to do this you should not try doing the same thing again and again rather than simply visit the service center and told them about the same, as they will only help you with this.

See you should check the internet connection as well that you are using, because the thing is like if that is not active I mean to say if it gets break during the updating then also it can cause such a problems.

And I personally believe that this could be the only problem.

I am agree with the above user as you should not do anything if you don’t know how to do that.

But as far as I know we always make the firmware update through that software only, thus I would like to recommend you that you should make sure that whether the software you have is working perfectly or not, because see setup never ever stop in between the way you have mentioned until and unless something really went wrong.

Thus if you know how to make a firmwagre update you should first of all try to reinstall the software that you have and then try the same thing, but as I mentioned TRY ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

though I have made a mistake but still isn’t there any way through which we can update the firmware however?

And I have noticed as my internet connection is perfectly OK !

Please help me with this.

according to me as well you should visit the service center for the same, because that’s the only hope you can have. And strongly recommended as don’t do anything on your own as if you are not aware or you may lead to phone to dead.

Or are you sure that the software you have downloaded is perfectly ok ??

If suppose you are willing to try once more you should try with firmware which is downloaded from another source.

Thanks for the suggestion, as I went there and they helped me at last with the firmware update.