Thread: 90w adapter leads to unusable, jumpy touchpad

90w adapter leads to unusable, jumpy touchpad

I just purchased a new x220 the bad things is whenever I connect 90-watt adapterto it , the touchpad pointer start malfunctioning for a short period. I have 90w UltraSlim adapters that as per Lenovo company suggested in its compatible accessory lists what is the problem here is my laptop has something wrong or there is problem in my adapter is anyone experiencing the same problems ???

Re: 90w adapter leads to unusable, jumpy touchpad

I am not using anykind Ultraslim adapter, I got standard lenovo 90w adapter even I checked the same as you mentioned but I am facing any kind of problems with my adapter even I have tried to use 65w adapter, the main difference comes between the adapters is the 65w ones read 20.1v at pins, where the 90w ones read at 20.4v. I think this is the problem in your case I like to suggest you to try 65 w adapter or 90 w standard one adapter and check if it solves your problems or not

this problem may also arise due to error in battery. Even I was also facing the same problem so I changed my battery after that my laptop works nicely you should also try this out before purchasing the new adapter hope this may help you.

The 65/90w provides the maximum power that the charger can provide to the laptop , It does not mean that it is going to power the battery forcefully. The charge rate is controlled by the sensor that are located within battery and not by the charger itself the problem of the overcharging itself don’t arise only.

I hears a warbling sound with the non Ultraslim adapter. the warbling sounds only heard when laptop connected entirely via AC and not keeping the battery for charging. This error is seems to be of power supply issue and due to difference in voltage.

simpley dont use any adapter it may lead to spoil or battery or even your laptop IC .. consult to your laptop manufacturer they will tell you appropriate adapter to use ...