Thread: Is Netflix available for BlackBerry Torch 9810?

Is Netflix available for BlackBerry Torch 9810?

Hello, I recently heard somewhere that Netflix software is available for the BB 9810. Is it true guys? I really wanna know as I heard it’s a good software to stream videos. I don’t know but is this like YouTube? What can I watch in this software? What are its features??

Re: Is Netflix available for BlackBerry Torch 9810?

Netflix is a software that allows you to play online movies and online TV shows on your phone by streaming from the internet. It charges you for the subscription though unlike YouTube. But, the good thing is you get to see high quality videos and movies on your phone and it is on-demand. But Netflix is sadly not available for your BlackBerry phone. I don’t know if streaming videos is possible for your phone at all.

No, Netflix is not available for the smartphones. It’s only available for playbook, iPhone and iPads. It is also for consoles like Playstation. There may be an app of Netflix in which you can control your account from the phone, but live streaming is not possible as of yet.

I usually burn DVD of the videos I want to watch and put them on my micro SD card, which I can then view on my phone. That way I can watch full movies on my phone, but I think you know about this already.

Nah, its not available for Playbook either, bummer! Btw what software you use for converting? I would really like what you said about burning DVDs. That seems like a good idea.

You can grab DVD-43 format videos which helps it to be read by Handbrake. It is a open-source video transcoder that can convert it from DVD to your selected AVI File Format. Another good option is to make it a ISO than use Daemon Tool on your BlackBerry to run the ISO instead of the DVD to avoid any buffering issue since your mobile often due to less speed lags and freezes. Another popular software is Mobiola Visual Studio which is available on ShopCB. But I don’t know yet if it has been updated for the 9810 just yet. But it will soon be. It is also a video convertor that transforms dvds, avi and metacafe videos with a single click of mouse from PC to your BlackBerry.

It is not available for BB Torch but is available for Android's.
    We have netflix and my husband watches it on his HTC. I wish BB would catch up with Android phones as far as viewing movies and other video off web. I really hate to switch my brand of phone since I am a loyal BB user.

Quote Originally Posted by cameomoon View Post
    It is not available for BB Torch but is available for Android's.
    We have netflix and my husband watches it on his HTC. I wish BB would catch up with Android phones as far as viewing movies and other video off web. I really hate to switch my brand of phone since I am a loyal BB user.
    Well, you can get yourself a Tablet TV software from AppWorld, although it is not yet a streaming service, but in the neat future we can expect to have it and also it has links of best network sites that stream their shows online. Or else you can also pay for Playon/Playlater which normally uses the internal browser from the phone and plays them.