Thread: Wobbling Screen on BlackBerry Torch 9810

Wobbling Screen on BlackBerry Torch 9810

I had BB 9800 earlier, which suffered the screen wobble after about a week or so. Some days it would get worse but then I heard recently that the new BB 9810 has solved this issue in their new phone. So, I went and got myself the 9810, and opened it and guess what the wobbling was back in this phone too. Though, not as profound as the older one, but still present. I thought in one year they would solve this issue. I will need to see if it’s just me, has anyone else experiencing this?

re: Wobbling Screen on BlackBerry Torch 9810

I had no wobble on my phone. I did have a very slight wobble on my 9800, but it was not that worse either. I think it’s a minor nuance that changes from phone to phone. So, if you feel you have a minor one, don’t worry about it won’t get any worse than that.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘wobble’ because mine moves a little from left to right if I push sideways on the bottom corners, but normally it is fine. And if I press the screen if der is a slight movement it is der because they have designed it as such. You need to feel the touch that’s why der is a wobble on the screen. Since the 9810 is the same device as the 9800 just with some hardware up gradation I think the 9810 will still have it to certain degrees. So, just live with it and don’t complain just because you have a new device and want it to be just perfect.

Yeah, the only complaint about the 9800 phone was that it would clank and wobble everytime i hit the screen or when I typed or the slider was moved. It just became after some time but now I am gonna buy the new one and I hope it does not give me the wobbling problem. After most comments I am convinced it is not a major problem.

No, nothing click or clang, the phone behaves normally when I am doing normal functions like texting. It’s as said earlier moves from left to right only slightly when I push at the bottoms. The annoyance for me is only when I pick the phone the movement of the screen can be felt. I am sorry it sounds not much to be annoyed but what can I say I want my phone to be perfect. Maybe I should have just tried out the phone of others before purchasing it. But yeah I can live with it if it dosen’t grow any worse problem which I am sure it never will.

Since most of the comments say that the phone is rock solid, only you have a problem with it I guess. I can they say that the wobble is dead. You should just test the phone if you want it to be so perfect before buying.

I really wanted to test it, that’s what I do before buying any product for that matter, but unfortunately I had the phone shipped because Rogers the damn mobile service. The Rogers kept changing the upgrade policies, and the only way I could buy the phone without paying the upgrade fees was to have them ship me the phone. So, this was not my first choice, nyways. So, thankyou all for your comments and peace out. Enjoy your new phone.