Thread: Browser Issues in BlackBerry Torch 9810

Browser Issues in BlackBerry Torch 9810

I am having problem of viewing web pages on the browser of BlackBerry Torch. I think that some sites won’t recognize he init string as for a mobile browser and showing the normal generic mobile sites. Like the for NY times, the normal web site is shown when they have BlackBerry specific site with improved fonts and features like games, readers, etc. Also, the font sizes are not right. Like I had to change the font from16 to 20 from options to make the site readable.

Re: Browser Issues in BlackBerry Torch 9810

Since the new models browser probably looks different for the site server than the old ones, the server can’t recognize the phone and so sets it to generic class. So, these sites must update their servers o recognize these new phones. Maybe BlackBerry should update this sites about their phones. I also noticed that links at the upper corner are wrong like the older version of IE had. Maybe we should wait for a few days and hope they get resolved. Anyways still we can browse the site fine with no problem without any serious problems as such. So no complaints yet about my BB.

I also feel the above problem is not the issue with the phone, though I do have a strange problem in my phone. I cannot click on links in the browser without using trackpad, and the cursor does not disappear but slowly moved up the screen by itself, without touching the trackpad at all. Though once I restarted the problem was no more.

I don’t have to use trackpad as I can tap links on the touch screen, but it's very imprecise. It was perfectly sharp on the T1 in later OS's. Maybe this will be shown soon as browsing was the reason I chose T2 over other OS’s. Though I cannot update to .336 for some reason. I found the leaked version but the phone didn’t recognize any kind of update. Maybe I should just go get an iPhone and fed up with this phone.

It’s not a "init string" problem as you call it, it is your browser's user agent string. Your mobile has its own user agent string which the websites use to determine how the site recognizes your device. You should just send the 9810's user agent string to the web admins of the problamatic sites, and they will fix it no time if they want to. It’s better than waiting for BB to fix it.
    The user agent string for the BB 9810 is:

Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.336 Mobile Safari/534.11+

You see it’s the user string that defines the browser code required for different browsers to view your site. You can search for other browsers and them here as well. Hey and if you want go get the iPhone, instead of complaining over here. I don’t think such a issue should “annoy” any1 to the point of throwing away the phone. It’s a minor glitch for which already solution has been given.