Thread: Unable to tether Blackberry torch 9810

Unable to tether Blackberry torch 9810

Hi, I have purchased a new mobile as I have mentioned in the title, but I am having problem with tethering the device with another one, don’t know I am not able to use it any way have tried almost everything but still not able to connect the mobile.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to tether Blackberry torch 9810

make sure that your WIFI router has perfectly configured with the network, because see each and every device uses different configuration you should try to make some changes in the router setting for sure.

I am using this feature in my torch with WEP setting and I am able to connect the phone without any hesitation, thus you should try with the same or if suppose you are having any problem with that then you should try to change it you can try with WPA as well, because almost it accept all the connection as WEP protected while WPA is public.

There could be some problem with the WIFI standard as well thus you should make sure that the device with whom you are about to tether your BB has the same WIFI standard.

See it might be possible that you must not maintaining the distance which is actually necessary in order to connect two device, I mean to say you should make sure that you are maintaining the distance. Apart from this you should make sure that there isn’t any obstacle in between the devices that you are using, because see you’ll not be able to connect the devices if there is any wall in between or this is just an example but still there could be anything. If possible than you should try to avoid them.

Well, I am agree with the above user but still there could be some other problem as well like you should try to make sure that you are connecting to your network only.

Let me give you an example:

If suppose you are having router in your place and there is another router near to your place so off course there would be multiple frequencies running across you network and because of that sometimes it happens as our device actually try to connect other devices, this is also know as frequency clash, phone actually gets confused accessing any and at last just doesn’t connect to any or doesn’t hold the connection for more time.

I have checked each and everything that you have mentioned but still I am not getting connected with the network I am using, anyways thanks for the suggestion, is there any remaining ?

See it might be possible that the application you have installed in the phone might have been corrupted or there should be some problem with it as well,

If suppose you are not getting anything you should try to make a firmware update at least so that you can understand the exact threat.